Wine run

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windowliquor

Reaction score
So if I want to run a second run can I put my previously distilled liquor into the wine I’m going to run now? What I will be adding is 35%.

Last nigjt I ran a 2gal batch from a Zinfandell I finished off last month. It came out at 64%/128 proof. I was thinking on doing the same. Please let us know how yours turns out. I'm thinking that you'll get a higher proofing on the second run, and even a higher volume, but I've never tried it before. My usual is to add to my remaining wine batch to fortify my ABV. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventure.

Well after the wine run it proofed at 125. I then proceeded to go with a recipe for apple pie but I tweaked it with part of another recipe so it’s kinda cinnamon vanilla apple pie. It came out dark but Taste great! Now a lot of the cinnamon and other spice settle to the bottom. Should I strain or filter that out?

Sediment is not always a bad thing. Just take OJ for instance, the pulp will settle to the bottom. But in the case of whether it is gritty, that would be something to strain out. Sort of like re-raking wine to clarify. That pesky little silt that just makes you shudder if you drank it. Your call, it migjt just enhance the aging of your product.

I decided to leave it in and shake it up every so often but leave it settled on the bottom when pouring. Taste great!!!

Back