windows7 pre-order

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecancel

Reaction score
apparently some store are going to take pre-orders for windows 7 at discount prices starting tomorrow

The program kicks off tomorrow, June 26, in the United States, Canada, and Japan. It’s scheduled to end July 11 in the U.S. and Canada and on July 5 in Japan—”or while supplies last,” Microsoft notes.

The discount is 50% or more over the normal estimated retail price (ERP) of the two mainstream consumer editions. In the United States, you’ll be able to buy a Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade for $50 or get Windows 7 Professional for $100. Outside the U.S., Microsoft says, “the special low pre-order price will vary by country.”

here's the url for the story
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=1090&tag=nl.e539

I'm running Windows 7. It's great! Fixed so many issues I had with Vista.

I've been running the beta and RC for quite some time and I love it I'm glad they are finally going to release it

Ive been running the RC for win 7 for a few weeks, its been fantastic so far. I guess the pre-order discounts are Microsoft's apology for the vista era.

So I take it that these upgrade versions will mean that we will have to downgrade back to vista or xp from the RC and then reinstall the update?

Back