wilserbrewer BIAB bags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmith32

Reaction score
I ordered a couple of voile BIAB bags from wilserbrewer earlier this week and had a chance to use one for the first time this evening.

I can't believe I waited this long to get these kind of bags. Not only do they let in far less husk material than the nylon bags that I had been using, but they drain surprisingly well too.

Here's a picture of the bag in use:

1470260_10202663537375928_776980919_n.jpg

yep great bags.. i have a biab for the kettle and for my cooler.. cooler for high abv batches. both work great and with the cooler no need to volurf!

I'll just put my compliments in here too. 10 brews in and I can't imagine using any other bag. For the price, I couldn't have made them myself or found an alternative. Plus, he shipped super fast and threw in some additional hop bags for a small and very fair fee.

I've ordered 2 bags from wilserbrewer and they always arrived quickly and fit perfectly. Highly recommended!

I'll add my rating of AWESOME!!! OK, it won't hold up to being sucked into the garbage disposal (ask me how I know LOL) But VERY VERY AWESOME IN ALL ASPECTS!!

Ordered the grand slam and was received very quickly! Built very well with strong seams and attention to detail. I'm sure these bags will last a long time!

His bags are fantastic... The hop bag and pulley are great additions too. Made for a headache free transition to BIAB!

Can't say enough about the bags and Wilser's customer service...excellent all around. If you need a bag(s) look no further.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I ordered and didn't receive yet but had my first BIAB scheduled for today so I went with paint strainers just because I had them already... Let me tell you it's a pain trying to get the elastic to stretch around the mouth of the pot while getting steamed in the face & glasses fogging up... Can't wait for the REAL bag :)

Any chance you'll be doing a new year grand slam deal or something? I would love to switch from my paint bags to something more robust and permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I ordered mine on a Wednesday afternoon and had it the next day. How's that for speed? Of course, both of us are in NJ so that makes things quicker but still he was super fast getting it shipped out.

Fits my pot great, can't wait to try it out. I ordered the pulley thing too because I couldn't find a single one for less. Everyone sells doubles. Mounted a hook to the ceiling in my garage for it.

Also, I compared it to my previous fine mesh nylon bag and I think the wilserbrewer bag has smaller holes in it so hopefully that should help keep my beer cleaner. We shall see!

Yeah I agree these bags are the bomb. Have a grain and hop bag and also got the pulley which is pretty sturdy!

I've got one on the way, with a ratchet pulley. Can't wait till it arrives so I can use it along with my new 10 gallon bk.

I ordered Mine last week! Received an email right away asking for my kettle size. I replied, few days later, my bag, pulley, and hop socks came! awesome!

I made two batches so far with the new bag and plan on doing another one today. Works great, love the ratchet pulley too, thanks again wilserbrewer! :mug:

What are the longevity on these bags? I've had one for a year and done 13 batches with it. I've been thinking about buying another as a backup just in case.

What are the longevity on these bags?

Kind of hard to say, as everyone is different. With proper use and care, a bag should last a long time.
from another thread...
The bag you made me will outlive my kettle!

Fwiw, I would not advise machine washing, just a hot rinse, yet some do machine wash and love doing it.

If exposed to extreme heat or open flame, the lifespan of a bag is about 0.3 seconds. Hahaha
Accidents happen, not a bad idea by any means to have a spare, could save a brew day?
Cheers and thanks!
Wilser

Yep, I'm the type that likes to plan for disasters, so I might just order a spare. I do wash mine but I use light wash and Tide Free and always wash with a bunch of towels. And I don't heat with mine in.

Another +1 for the bags. Started using them a few months ago and glad I made the change from the regular paint strainer bags. Also used the hop bag for the first time yesterday in a diy hop spider, and it worked great.

Here's my first double batch w/ wilserbrewer bags and ratchet pulley. Main bag, and hop sock in there for FWH.

22lbs of grain(dry), it could easily take much more.

I rigged up some 550 cord as a safety just in case the pulley slipped, but I did not need it. My guess is that as the pulley rope wears/thins it *could* slip, so I'll keep this safety rope habit just in case.

9Xy5eqP.jpg

Nice, I like that shaping on the bag...never thought of a pulley slipping as the ratchet clamps very securely, Rather than a second line, knotting the slack line immediately south of the pulley would prevent any "potential" movement as well. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394747143.919917.jpg

Cheers!

I keep a CO/CO2 monitor at seat level on the other side of the room there. It hasn't beeped once yet.

I suppose the knot in the line would work just fine. I have tons of 550 cord laying around though, figured I may as well use some of it. Even if I knotted, I'd still probably keep the safety line there.

It is a tight hold on the ratchet line now, but over time that will surely change. The line will thin out, and eventually slip through.

Back