Will this work???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParaDrunkard

Reaction score
I made a batch of Ale that contains 6.6 lbs of Breiss wheat LME and had some L60 steeped in it. It fermented for 3 weeks. I was going to bottle it tonight but didn't.
It tasted week and low in flavor. This is a fruit beer. As I reviewed the recipe, I found out I missed 2 lbs of wheat DME...

DOH!!!:drunk:

So, what would happen if I boiled off 2lbs of DME and added it after it cools?
wait a week for the fermentation to go down and bottle then???

Or should I just put up with this lousy stuff as is and bottle it???

On a final note, the fruit puree was added already but I have since siphoned the wort off of it and into the 2ndary carboy.

Your wisdom and suggestions are appreciated in advance!!!

I would not add any more fermentables at this time. If you really need to 'save' this beer, you'd be better off brewing it again, with 4lbs of wheat DME (the original recipe plus 2lbs extra) and the puree again, and then blend the two finished beers.

this one can sit in secondary for the 3 weeks it'll take to brew the second batch.

blended beers are quite common. New Castle brown ale is a blended beer (specifically, its a parti-gyle that they put back together after fermentation).

Back