Will this work for a Keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG680

Reaction score
So I am about 2 months away from being home from my deployment to the Middle East, and I have been looking for the best and easiest way to get me draft beer at home. I want a Tower system with 3 taps, and one of them a nitrous system for stouts. So I need a Chest Freezer to make that happen and keep the beer gas and CO2 cylinders inside.

So I ask all you out there that are much better at this than I am for help on ideas, and if what I have planed will work. Also what size CO2 cylinder will fit with this set up if anyone has done the conversion already.

Here it is:

Frigidaire 7.2 Cu Ft Chest freezer (black)
10 lbs CO2 cylinder
Digital Thermostat
5 or 10 lbs Nitrogen air tank
T Style 3 faucet draft tower
CO2 and Nitrogen gas regulators
3 tap connectors
Tubing
Drip Tray
Corny Kegs

Am I missing anything. I know need a fan to blow cold air into the tower, and I am still looking for one that will work. The whole list worked out to right at $1200.00. The Freezer was at Lowes and all the parts from the Beverage Factory online.

Thanks for all your help. I know you guys and gals have lots of great ideas and I am always happy with all the advice given here.:mug:

I can BARELY squeeze 3 cornies and a 5lb CO2 tank in my 7.4cu chest freezer.

it all depends on whether the compressor hump on the left is only in the corner, or runs front to back.

I can BARELY squeeze 3 cornies and a 5lb CO2 tank in my 7.4cu chest freezer.

it all depends on whether the compressor hump on the left is only in the corner, or runs front to back.

Ok, I could always put the tanks outside if that is needed.

Is your compressor hum on the corner only or is it front to back?

Anyone have a chest freezer size that would fit 3 cornies and a 10#CO2 and a 5# nitrous tank? What is the smallest I can go and keep it all in side for the SWMBO?

my freezer is a Kenmore 7.4cu and the hump is on the left side and runs front to back (not just the corner).

I've seen a few Whirlpools with a corner hump in the 7cu range. I store bottles on my hump..it holds about a case.

Ok, I will look at them when I get back from my deployment and see if I can get everything inside or not. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back