Will this Sanyo fridge work for conversion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypershade

Reaction score
Hey all,

I could not get a model number for this Sanyo fridge but I have a couple pics and maybe you could tell me to buy or don't buy the dudes asking 50$.
the dimensions are approximately 18 width, length 25, and 18 depth.

00X0X_cmgd8GHaghD_600x450.jpg

00t0t_7XUt7MoEgN6_600x450.jpg

You will need something a little larger to use as a fermentation chamber, unless you are using 1 or 3 gallon carboys. (3 may be pushing it) If you have already purchased, it will serve a purpose well as a beer fridge.

I converted a dinky little fridge to a fermenter, but it was a PITA. My 5-gal carboys wouldn't fit until I cut the door shelves out, and notched the insulation in the door. Then I added some foam insulation to the outside of the door, but it could probably use another layer.

If you already own this one, see if your bucket or carboy fits. If it does, or if you can make it fit with a minimum of effort, then sure: the fridge will work fine. I just finished cold-crashing a saison, and mine held right above freezing with no problem.

You can see the one I converted here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/collecting-toys-get-started-435024/

One mod I had to make was adding a fan that comes on anytime the heater does; I was cooking the tops of my carboys because hot air rises.

Back