Will it fit???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idigg

Reaction score
I have a Haier mini fridge that I would like to convert into a homebrew kegerator, with 2 five gallon kegs and either a 2.5# or 5# tank.

Haier HNSE05VS-01
4.6 cu.feet
Dimensions
Height 32.06 in
Width 20.31 in
Depth 22.25 in

If I take internal dimensions, this is what I get.

Height 27"
Width 16 1/4"
Depth 17"

Am I crazy to think I could fit 2 kegs and a 2.5# inside or 5# outside with this fridge? I'm thinking of going with a system from Keg Connection but would hate to order everything, and it doesn't fit, then have to buy another fridge.

I was thinking of doing a single tower dual tap on top, and would like to keep the tank inside, but could do it outside as well. Let me know your thoughts, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
justin

The small freezer box comes out, and I can relocate the thermostat as well.

fridge.jpg

idon't think it will fit.

Ball lock kegs, with connectors on them, are about 26" tall.

Width wise, they are about 8.5" in diameter. If you stagger them depth wise a little in the fridge, I know you can get two kegs into a fridge that is 18" wide, but if yours is only 16" wide inside, you might be out of luck.

As for depth, you need to measure from the front of the compressor compartment to the door, and not the depth at the top (above the compressor).

If the kegs fit, then a 5" tank should be able to sit behind them, on top of the compressor hump.

Here is my fridge:
fridge_kegs_open.jpg

Inside dimensions are 28.5" tall, 18" wide, and 10.5" deep in front of the compressor.

then again... the plastic shelf slots on your walls don't look as large as mine, so maybe you CAN fit them in there.

Oh wow, that is my same fridge. Walker, if you think I remove the shelf slots on the door and replace with a flat piece of plexi glass I could get 2 kegs in it? Please say yes :)

Oh wow, that is my same fridge. Walker, if you think I remove the shelf slots on the door and replace with a flat piece of plexi glass I could get 2 kegs in it? Please say yes :)

My fridge is not the same as yours. Mine is a GE.

But, you will probably have to take the shelves off the door.

Plexiglass is expensive. I went with a sheet of HDPE from usplastics.com. Much cheaper.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23869&catid=705

(I used HDPE 24" x 48" 1/16" Thick)

Back