Why Is Stone So Good???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madman

Reaction score
Okay, listen. I have an above-average vocabulary, and, dare I say it, a thirst for using that vocabulary to communicate my less than mundane experiences.

So, why was it that today, when trying to describe Stone Arrogant Bastard to my wife, that my words failed me? I felt like Alice explaining her adventures to her sister, or Adam describing the loveliness of Eve.

The words were simply not there.

However, I pledge to myself that I will drink Stone brews until the wall of unreachable words tumbles, and the florid description flows from my tongue like water to parched lips. Oh, I will find the resolve to describe my love for Stone.

Mark. My. Words.

I also heart Stone, The only Stone brew that I didn't care for was the Smoked Porter which is odd because I usually love porters, I must have either gotten a bad bottle or should have let it age.

So far I have had:

Ruination
IPA
Arrogant Bastard
Double Bastard
Vertical Epic 07
Old Guardian
Smoked Porter

and all but the porter have been Fantastic.

I've had:

IPA
Ruination
Arrogant Bastard
Oaked Arrogant Bastard
Cali-Belgique IPA

Unlike you, I do have the words to describe the awesomeness of these brews. I'm not telling you what they are though. You have to figure it out for yourself! :D

How come when I say the title of this I knew that it was going to be you started it.

Ill add to this by saying that i've had:

Pale Ale
IPA
Arrogant bastard
and I have a bottle of ruination that I haven't tried yet.

Sweet mother mary, I'm still remembering that beer. It was transcendent!

I love Stone Brewery. I cannot explain why, possibly the strong flavors but not over powering flavors. Maybe the high ABV. Maybe the cool logos. I just don't know.

Thanks, I feel better for getting that off my chest.

Myself and a couple buddies are planning to go there for the anniversary party in August.

Anyone else thinking about it?

I don't know, why are they so good? I'll have to head up to the brewery this weekend and ask them! (and grab a few beers when I'm at it)

I just went to a Stone tasting last night... I opted for good pizza over the cheese from the "beer and cheese pairing".

They had the Pale, IPA, 12th Anniversary Chocolate stout, Old Guardian and VE '08.

I washed it all down with a draught Hop Henge.

Yep. It was a gold star day.

we went to their brewery/restaurant in escondido last year, and it was awesome. I can't remember which beers we sampled, but I think it was one of each, which is probably why I can't remember. the food was great too, and the facilities were beautiful.

Perhaps this time around, there simply are no words. It's like describing love to someone who has never been.....For those of us in the know, there are no words.

Arrogant Bastard is my Fav, also like the IPA, but I Just drank the DOUBLE BASTARD wow that knocked me for a loop. I will be looking to pick more of that up when I see it. AWESOME stuff.

I tried the Double Bastard when it came here, the first few times I drank it, I must have chugged it b/c I felt like **** the next day. After several tries, I finally convinced my system that its good for me. I freegin love this beer.

My local bar keeps Stone IPA on tap all the time, and rotates kegs of AB & Ruination.

My AB clone is the house ale here. I order Chinook hops by the truckload. I also have a Violation & Double Bastard fermenting right now.

Southern Tier needs to be included on the East Coast list.

Ruination makes my skin tingle and my tongue water. A local grocery store had 22 oz bombers of it at $3.99 in December when they opened their speciality beer isle. I bought them all and haven't seen them since........

Why I love Stone:

They make big flavor, big alcohol beers that are extremely too easy to drink. My only complaint is that they are a little $$$

It seems like most other breweries are too conservative to make unique beers.

Back