Who can identify this taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddwill

Reaction score
this references another thread "apple cider beer"

I have bottled, aged and cold conditioned my apple beer, which actually came out tasting relatively well. There is however some weird characters to it that I am unsure of or dont like.

1) Graininess- I believe that this is due to the fact that I accidentally let my grains boil...

2) Weird aftertaste-I cannot think of any flavor character that rreally describes it except one, If you have ever ordered a fountain soda, and let the plastic lid in the car and later tasted or smelled it (weird right) this is the closest that I can think of to the taste. I do not think that it tastes "solventy or like acetone" though.

Any thoughts?

Ciders can take a long time to condition, how long has this been sitting in bottles?
I have never done an "apple cider beer", but I usually let my basic ciders condition for two months prior to even trying them, I'm trying to learn patience with Ed's Apfelwein, I'm working on forgetting that it's even there for now.

Latest posts

Back