WHITE CHOCOLATE!!! How do I do it?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadeus

Reaction score
Hello, all! I am pretty green, but I am on my third brew and I had a blast of inspiration, and I am on a quest to discover the secret of imparting white chocolate flavor to a mead. Anybody know how to do it?

Add it as a syrup after you've stabilized it after fermentation is complete

Add it as a syrup after you've stabilized it after fermentation is complete
do you know if they have a clear syrup or is it white? I have only seen a white one. It's a great idea. I know white chocolate is really a cocoa butter extract. On another site, from something like 2012, someone posting about using cocoa nibs but sparingly to get a hint of the chocolate flavor that should come across as "white chocolate" but they hadn't actually tried it. thank-you.

If white chocolate flavor is the goal, nibs will not work. As you said, white chocolate is made from the fat extracted from the bean and has no cocoa solids. they taste very different.

A local meadery called superstition has a popular line of meads that incorporate white chocolate, called Berry White. I haven't actually tried one yet,but they seem to be quite coveted...and very expensive

I would use a high quality white chocolate syrup with all natural ingredients like the Torani Pure Made line. Or even make you're own. Just make sure you account for the gravity points,regardless of which way you go.

If white chocolate flavor is the goal, nibs will not work. As you said, white chocolate is made from the fat extracted from the bean and has no cocoa solids. they taste very different.

A local meadery called superstition has a popular line of meads that incorporate white chocolate, called Berry White. I haven't actually tried one yet,but they seem to be quite coveted...and very expensive

I would use a high quality white chocolate syrup with all natural ingredients like the Torani Pure Made line. Or even make you're own. Just make sure you account for the gravity points,regardless of which way you go.
Thank-you for the extra info on the wine maker. expensive or not I may buy a bottle just to see how it presents. My final goal once I master the white chocolate bit is get some macadamia nut honey and add the white chocolate to create a white chocolate macadamia nut mead, in honor of my favorite cookie. It will be an expensive experiment, so I want to practice and get everything right before I use $100.00 dollars worth of honey just to make one gallon of mead. macadamia honey has notes of macadamia, so it should turn out quite well. It will be my first signature wine if I get it right.

i would try making an alcohol extract with white chocolate and using that. kind of standard procedure with high-fat ingredients.

i would try making an alcohol extract with white chocolate and using that. kind of standard procedure with high-fat ingredients.
could you elaborate on the procedure or post a link to an article. It sounds very reasonable, but I wouldn't know the best kind of alcohol to use to make the extract or how much to impart the correct flavor, and should I take the alcohol into account when I plan ABV? would I make an extract from white chocolate or from cocao butter?

Back