Which Kegging Kit should I buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoreyG

Reaction score
looks to me like the higher end regulator had a knob rather than a screw, so you wouldn't need a tool to adjust. Other than that, it looks like they are both big body regulators so neither of them should creep. All comes down to personal preference.

I have the kit with the screw adjust and I have never had a problem with it. It is easier to turn by hand but I think the one with the knob would be even easier. Considering that this setup may last you a long time I think the extra $15 would be worth it. I didn't have the choice of a knob versus a screw on the package I bought because I opted for a dual gauge regulator setup so I could have two different settings for the gas, one for each keg. Some wheat are carbonated/served at higher pressure and I like having this option.

hmmmm i can get a setup with dual gauges with 2 knobs, itll be about 380 isnt of 320 for the single gauge screw adjust..........

i kinda wanna try wheats and things like that so i guess i really should go for dual guage then shouldnt i?

I have a dual guage, and am glad I went that route. I'm almost thinking of adding more than just the 2 I have. I suggest for a kegging setup, go ahead and get the best you can. It'll last, and you'll be glad you did.

That last link is also only a 20oz tank, not a 5lb tank like the other two. That makes a difference, I'd wager.

Another reason why I went with the dual gauge option is that you may want to use a different pressure to initially carb your beer compared to serving pressure. I also use the second gauge to have a higher pressure if I am trying to seal a keg for storage of the beer until use for later. My keezer is now so full that I use corn sugar to naturally carb the keg at room temp for 3 weeks. I give it a blast of 20+ psi to seat the lid before it goes into the closet. I could not easily do this with just the single gauge w/o closing all of the lines to the other kegs and then venting the pressure in the single line after I was done. I went with the dual gauge option but not with the knobs in order to save some green.

check at beveragefactory.com I just bought a two tap door conversion kit it was way cheaper than anywhere else..

Awesome . Thanks for the opinions everyone. Im gonna go dual gauge and get the fancier regulatora for convience i guess . I finished school just this week and actually have a job now so i can afford a bit more. Ill check out beveragefactory too for pricing. So far keg connections is best.

Back