Which Burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edsa1984

Reaction score
I'm in the UK and want to take my home brewing into the garden as my stove takes a while to get 6 imperial gallons boiling. Does anyone have any suggestions for gas burners that can get 10 gallons boiling "quickly" and where to buy them?

I bought the Blichmann Hellfire burner in January. it's FAST. And it's quiet. Not cheap, but it's high quality and speedy.

I bought the leg extension kit so I could get the kettle up off the ground.

Plus 1 from Mongoose33. I have this same burner on leg extensions and would have no other after owning this. VERY efficient-I used one 20# propane tank for 8 batches before it finally kicked...and I do vigorous boils for 60 min each brew.

Thanks, I'll see if I can get it on amazon and what it costs over here!

Happy blichmann burner owner here(V1). Whatever you get,<b> just be sure to get a banjo style burner.</b> They are way more efficient and faster. I still have my first camping style burner. It takes so much longer to heat and uses more propane. Go with the buy once, cry once mentality. Fwiw, I got mine used with leg extensions for $100usd.
I boil 16+ us gallons with my blichmann on about 15% flame(short blue flame).
Pretty sure you could forge steel on these things.

Back