Where to order Apfelwein Bembels and Geripptes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PavlovsCat

Reaction score
Ordered my Apfelwein jug (Bembel) and glasses (Geripptes) from this place in Germany on-line.

online shopping,ravensurger puzzles,wine,gifts accessoires This is the english version. If you don't get the english version, click on the little British flag.

Click on Gifts and Accessories
Click on Apple Wine and More
Click on Jugs and Barels
Also click on Glasses and Lids

A bit of local yore: The Geripptes on this site come in 0.25 and 0.5 liter sizes. I'm told true Apfelwein purists like to drink out of 0.3 liter glasses because they consider the 0.25 L size to be a rip off for the price in the Apfelwein bars. Geripptes, btw, have special ridges cut into the glass, to make them non-slip. This modification must have been designed by one heavy drinker!!:drunk:

BTW, my searching on line did not reveal any sites that offered 0.3 liter geripptes so I guess the purist thing is a moot point. With regards to the often substantiated strength of EdWorts Apferwein, I must admit that swillling down half liter glasses of the stuff, may lead to all the mentioned side effects of apfelwein a little bit sooner - I just got the .25 liter glasses.

If anyone purchases a Bembel, make sure you get at least the 2 liter size. Less getting up and down to refill. I mistakenly got the 1 liter. If you're really lazy, they have a 3 liter.

Well, old thread is old, but I figgure if I am looking I am likely not the only one...

I came across this: http://www.germansteins.com/products/Apple-Wine-Cider-Glass-Set-of-Six.html

The price looks decent, the merchant is in the USA selling an Italian import, and they list a phone number, which makes me more comfortable ordering. They do not seem to sell the Bembels...

I have not ordered yet, but I probably will, anyone here ever done business with these guys?

Back