Where to buy Hops in bulk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
I've been using brewmasters warehouse and love their site, especially the brew builder tool.

But in a never ending challenge of saving money I'd like to know where you all buy Hops in bulk?

Thanks for all the advice!

I'm thinking about loading up on a "core" group of hops and being that I love APAs and IPAs I am leaning towards the C hops.

Maybe 1 lb of each, Columbus, Chinook, and Cascade and 2 lbs of Centennial

I agree. I have purchased pre-crushed brews and now my specialty grains from BMW (I have a crusher now and buy base grain in bulk). Previously I have used Hops Direct, but if you look at Ed's bulk hop pricing there is at most $1-2 difference per pound compared to H.D. Factor in the flat rate shipping and it is a no brainer. Thanks Ed :mug:! (I will be ordering soon!)

I am doing that on purpose to help keep the amount of hops we sell manageable for now. I did not want to start offering them and then sell through a 1000 lbs of hops in a few days and be out of stock.

Northern Brewer has some great prices for bulk hops as well, great reliable shipping and very fast. prices such as 14.99 to 1 lb cascade compared to 14.50 to 1 lb bremasters warehouse, so they are about the same price, so good options out there =) im personally looking for somewhere I can buy my favorites in bulk and some others I haven't tried in maybe 4-5 oz ill keep on looking but I think both those options are fantastic so many great brew suppliers makes it easy for us =D. happy brewing! :mug:

Northern Brewer has some great prices for bulk hops as well, great reliable shipping and very fast. prices such as 14.99 to 1 lb cascade compared to 14.50 to 1 lb bremasters warehouse, so they are about the same price, so good options out there =) im personally looking for somewhere I can buy my favorites in bulk and some others I haven't tried in maybe 4-5 oz ill keep on looking but I think both those options are fantastic so many great brew suppliers makes it easy for us =D. happy brewing! :mug:

I know this was an old post but I was reading through and thought I would update. hops direct sells for example 1 lb US Goldings for 13.25. Northern Brewer is 14.99 for a half pound.

Latest posts

Back