Where to buy 10 gallon Rubbermaid coolers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pym99

Reaction score
After thinking about it, I've decided to go for 10 gallon rubbermaids for the mash tun and hot water tank, assuming they can be had for not too much money. But I've been to two Home Depots and one Target, with no luck. Home Depot had the 5 gallon ones for $18, and someone else has posted that Walmart has them for $15. I gather that sometimes Home Depot has the 10 gallons for $36, but the best I can find is Ace for $50. Any ideas for where to get them cheaper? I live in the SF Bay area if anyone knows local options (the local More Beer is out, and charges like $85 anyways).

I'd rather not spend $70 extra on space I don't need now, plus extra for the larger false bottom. I'll be brewing 1040-1060 OG British-style ales, continuous sparging, so I definitely want the false bottom.

Currently, I have a 7.5 gallon brew kettle, and really wish I had bought a 15 gallon one. Trying to avoid more buyer's remorse...

I saw them at ACE in Chicago, also for $50. Id on't think the 10 gals get much cheaper than that.

My Home Depot has them for $39 as well, but they didn't when I actually wanted one last summer. Maybe as your nearest HD if they can get one from another store?

Yea.. my local HD has them in stock now.. although, I think they're a seasonal item, so your local store may not have them yet.

In the winter HD likes to put them away. I had to ask an associate to get one for my this winter because they had them on a pallet and stored at the very top of the shelves in the garden area. The $40 that HD sells them for is as cheap as you'll find for a 10gal round cooler...

I went to a army/navy surplus store and bought a $100 replica NFL security guard uniform. Then I bought a $75 ticket for the sucky Detroit Lions. Then snuck onto the field in the field and grabbed one of their 10gal cooler...

Wait they sell them for $50... Man that would have been easier and cheaper. (yes the lions lost...)

In the winter HD likes to put them away. I had to ask an associate to get one for my this winter because they had them on a pallet and stored at the very top of the shelves in the garden area. The $40 that HD sells them for is as cheap as you'll find for a 10gal round cooler...

Ditto, took me twenty minutes before they found the pallet, but they were more than happy to bring it down and sell me two coolers for $39/each. It's the cheapest source I've seen.

They are a seasonal item. Your local HD may or may not have them in the winter, depending on what was left over from last summer. ACE hardware has them on line for $50, with free delivery to a local store. Only takes a few days to get it.

I need to track one of these down at home depot. I almost bought one online for $70!! Thanks for saving me a few bucks!

Thanks everyone, I finally found them at the third Home Depot I went to for $39. In retrospect, I should have just had them delivered to Ace and saved myself all of the driving around, which was not worth saving $22.

Back