What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a retired advertising exec that was bored out of my mind until my son suggested that I brew my own. Smartest thing that kid ever said! I think this thread proves that anyone can do homebrew!:mug:

I'm an ex Border Patrol Agent and now a Special Agent for a Federal Agency who thinks their really special.

BS in Medical Technology (never used), retired Naval Flight Officer, now mentally abuse young children for a living (middle school). And you wonder why I drink!

Security Systems Manager- Maintain Access Control system/database for "big pharma" on the East coast.... Although I wish I was out west.....

Metallurgist in the nucular-weapons-industrial complex.

6-sigma black belt so of course I'm doing DOE and control charts on the brews...

[drunk nerd]

Stay at home dad. Working on my degree after 9 years in banking and getting to where I needed a piece of paper to move up. Raise the kid, get a degree, brew beer, make wine, have fun :)

Biochemistry and molecular pharmacology doctoral candidate, did 7 years in biotech process development before going back to school. A lot of my previous job involved expressing antibody fragments in Pichia pastoris (fission yeast).

I'm a after school teacher, also work in a class room with disable children and have college degree in biology. Love to brew

I'm a draftsmen. I work for a Sheet Metal Company that install HVAC ductwork. I make the installation drawings. Sometimes i spend a little more time on here that i do on ACAD. oops

Chemical Engineer working at a paper mill in Power Boilers, Chemical Recovery, and Recausticization with occasional forays into the Pulp Mill. I come home from work stinking terribly every day. Haha, I think SWMBO puts up with me only because I make free beer for her.

Certified Orthotist which is the fancy way of saying brace guy.

I also was an enlisted medic and then got commissioned MSC in the army and made it to Captain. I'm out now though.

optometrist/optician depending where your from...............(day job)

cheese making, bread baking, Austin Healey repairing, hunting, black powder/pyro making, type of guy!!!!!!:rockin:

I run the online banking, mobile banking, remote deposit capture, and merchant services support for a regional bank.

And I host a radio show about beer. That's my REAL job.

Pastor in a Presbyterian Church. This post reveals that Homebrew Talk has all it needs for a self sustained community. If some sort of breakdown in society happens where should we all agree to meet to form said community?

Pastor in a Presbyterian Church. This post reveals that Homebrew Talk has all it needs for a self sustained community. If some sort of breakdown in society happens where should we all agree to meet to form said community?

I had the exact same idee!!!!, would be one kick ask community!!! brewing brother hood:ban:

EDIT:
where is the hop and barly farmers?

DannyD said:
I had the exact same idee!!!!, would be one kick ask community!!! brewing brother hood:ban:

EDIT:
where is the hop and barly farmers?

There was quite a few people in agriculture so I am sure someone could figure out the Barley and Hops grow themselves. The question would be what is the best part of the country for this community to form?

There was quite a few people in agriculture so I am sure someone could figure out the Barley and Hops grow themselves. The question would be what is the best part of the country for this community to form?

Do we take climate change into account ;)

Back