What's your occupation: Engineer or Non-Engineer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your occupation

• Engineer

• Non-Engineer

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm a Military Policeman. Done a lot of travelling and craved beer I've enjoyed during my travels. This site had helped make domestic enjoyment of full flavored beer a reality.

9 years retail. Been waiting for the day the wife can support the bills, then I'm heading straight to an apprentice ship at a commercial or heading off to Siebel.

Electronics technician/ electrical engineering student, guess I fit into both categories

Biologist with a strong background in molecular biology. Makes understanding the yeasties and chemical processes much easier, but building the equipment is a pita for me.

Biologist with a strong background in molecular biology. Makes understanding the yeasties and chemical processes much easier, but building the equipment is a pita for me.

Same boat. I can easily culture and ferment but building something is quite the effort.

Amazing, nearly 40% of respondants are engineers... I'm a customer service engineer at a furniture manufacturer.

LOL I'm the Neanderthal at school. I'm a former Explosive Ordnance Technician so I can build stuff. I'm not bad at the biology/microbiology stuff either though.

Shudder, not shutter. You're not one yet.

spelling is hardly an indicator. My brother is a very good civil engineer, but his spelling is atrocious.
I'm a registered nurse, used to work in critical care, but now work in case management. I actually know a number of other male nurses who are also beer brewers.

Structures mechanic for helicopters here. While chemistry isn't a factor, precision, order and the understanding of stress points play important roles. To which all can contribute to helping brewing and d.i.y. projects related to it.

I have no formal education past a few years in college that were anything but formal. Was introduced to homebrewing by a buddy of mine that is not an engineer, but instead a biologist (he likes to explain that side to me, and when he does, I just grab another HB!!)

I'm a salesmen that craves delicious beer...so HB'ing is a perfect fit for me!!!

I just graduated with a degree in civil engineering, and i still cant find a job. Are there any engineers in the nyc area that want to interview me!!

I suck at cooking and am not an engineer. BS in Kinesiology University of Maryland, College Park '04. I'm an Orthopaedic Technician. Not sure how any of that translates into homebrewing, but I do it and LOVE it!!!!

still one of my favorite threads - i'm amazed at the percentage. (not an engineer, but i do own a mechanical engineering firm)

Customer service at Publix (supermarket).

Have a business degree but the job market is terrible so I drink lol

UPS driver! I get everything I order before it has a chance to get delivered!

Oh man...you lucky! I hate waiting for my stuff to be delivered, but when it is it's like Christmas and all my birthdays wrapped up in one...lol!

Mechanical and electrical/ electronic engineer by education, but I'm a contractor by trade.

Back