What's the going price on a 10gallon rubbermaid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the price checks! keep them coming... I'm in SC and have a %7-8 sales tax or more. (weird on item) I just may wait the few weeks until my HD gets them in. want to build a cpvc manifold picked up a unusual fitting (should be here tomorrow).

will post what manifold and 10 gallon looks like when done. Got great plans from another thread and PM. Will post here and reference this thread. Both have great info.

Going ball valve and CPVC manifold... I like the fly sparge... I also use a big bag above current false bottom... may slip that in as well... lesss channeling. or over, thinking maybe?

I picked mine up at HD a couple of weeks ago for $40. They had everything to plumb it except 5/8" flat washers. I got those at Fastenal.

I purchased a couple of 10 Gallon Rubbermaid coolers from Home Depot about a year ago -- cost was about $40 each. I purchased the cooler bulkhead for a mash tun from Northern Brewer (can't recall the price) with a brass ball valve. I also purchased a false bottom from Northern Brewer. However, I did not like the false bottom -- it did not fit well on the bottom of the cooler and had a difficult time getting the grain bed to filter clearly. I later replaced the false bottm with a SS Hot Water tank supply line (this is outlined in Palmer's How to Brew). Works great. Hope this helps.

Back