What would make a good recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crum

Reaction score
I was going to try and start a batch this afternoon with what I have on hand. Anybody got a good recipe to use with any of the following:

hops
4oz fuggles
2oz saaz
10oz cascade

white labs yeast
australian
british

7.5 lbs light malt

i would boil 2.0 oz of fuggles for 60 min
1 oz saaz at 30 minutes
1 oz saaz to finish

i don't know if i'm a huge fan of the cascade hop yet.... ;)

i'd use the australian yeast... pinch off some of the dme and make a starter.

OK, I was gonna say leave out the Saaz and use Cascade (which I love) at any point(s) within 15 minutes of the end of the boil. When I taste Saaz, it's all I taste. I love it in the right beers, but not Pale Ales. And I'd ferment with the British yeast and call it a Bitter or English Pale Ale. So, it looks like you have options! :D

This makes me think how fun it would be to have a brew competition where everyone has the same ingredients to use and only their creativity to make their beers unique.

i love saaz... i want a saaz scented car freshener ;)

it'd be fun to see how each one of us spins a set amount of ingreidents..

sensing a campout on janx's turkey compound in the future... we can haul all our gear and beer and have a bash! :)

Janx said:
This makes me think how fun it would be to have a brew competition where everyone has the same ingredients to use and only their creativity to make their beers unique.

Haha that sounds like Iron Chef, except with beer! I'm in, but only if Janx dresses up like this guy:

ironchef.jpg

Back