What to post in here.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Please keep this forum for post specifically related to extract brewing.
The threads should be on topic and not general chit chat.

If it's a recipe, post it in the recipe forum.
If it is not specific to extract then there is a General Techniques forum.
If it's "brewed and it was good" the please post it in chit chat or general beer forums.

Since most of the people in extracts are new I think it would be step by step instructions on brewing similar to the one on yeast banks. I know when I first started a lot of it was done by feel not knowing what to expect.

Thanks for the hard work trying to organize the forums better orfy(and other mods). I know it can be a pain to move threads. We appreciate it, it makes it easier to find what we're looking for on the forums.

rohanski said:
Since most of the people in extracts are new I think it would be step by step instructions on brewing similar to the one on yeast banks. I know when I first started a lot of it was done by feel not knowing what to expect.

Probably need to ask his permission, but why not just sticky a link to Bobby_M's Extract and Steeping Grain youtube video?

It appears most of the threads that were moved belong to folks who are new to the board or new to brewing, "Extract Brewing" is one of the first boards you see when you get on the site. Maybe move the "Beginning Brewing" board to the top?

Bah Humbug said:
Please keep this forum for post specifically related to extract brewing.
The threads should be on topic and not general chit chat.

If it's a recipe, post it in the recipe forum.
If it is not specific to extract then there is a General Techniques forum.
If it's "brewed and it was good" the please post it in chit chat or general beer forums.

Bah,

Does 'specific to extract',
include steeping in speciality grains and partial mashing?

As I use a base of 8 Lbs of D.M.E.
{and that was all I drank for years.}
I am now discovering, {after 14 years}
that DME and LME are base grains and bland.
{I thought my homebrew was a little bland,
but at least it didn't taste bad.}

Am I not a extract brewer?

Thank you

J. VonKnife

http://jacksknifeshop.tripod.com/

Latest posts

Back