What to do with leftover Pork Loin Roast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonlighter

Reaction score
My wife and daughter prepared a delicious pork roast last night, a four pound roast seasoned with fresh rosemary, garlic and lemon zest. The recipe said it was "Tuscan" but all I know is, it was amazing.

We have leftovers and I'd like to use the pork for sandwiches at work. I think I could cube the meat and make some sort of awesome mayo based salad, or whatever. Anyone have any ideas, as I'm sort of a klutz in the kitchen?

I'd cube it and mix with mayo, chopped celery, green apple, and maybe halved grapes. The spicy and sweet and tart go together nicely and make for a nice salad for sandwiches.

Left over loin is also good cut up and put into soup. Hundreds of applications since you have such good raw material :).

This:

Cuban sandwich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can make it as simple as you want -- they're delicious

Plus 1- beat me to it. Think or it as a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, with pork loin thrown in for good measure.

Fried rice is always an option. stir fry some vegetables, then add cooked rice, and the chopped up pork. Make a well in the middle of the cooking rice, and add a whisked egg. Stir it in to the rice as it cooks.

Slice thin add your favorite BBQ sauce, microwave and serve it on a good bun. That's what I do!

Man I wish I had more leftover roast. Great ideas, all of them. I made a "sorta" Cuban today (no Cuban bread and not grilled) and it was great.

I have a pork shoulder in the ole crock pot (its easier whilest I work) in chicken stock and water. When I get home I'm going to make a green chili. Pork, and pork roasts in particular, along with a roasting chicken are the two things I purchase every single week. Well, unless you count toilet paper.

Slice thin and make sandwich one side of toast use mayo on the other side use the Mahogany sauce that was on here about a month ago. You will think you have went to the great Sandwich place in the sky.

Back