What to do in St.Louis??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wildwest450 said:
Just wondered about the construction on I-64, are detours well marked, will extra travel time need to be allowed for this? Also, will anyone from HBT that is going to beerfest this Saturday please write HBT on their foreheads with a black magic marker, so I can say hey. :D I'll be the bald headed guy, with an Eskimo looking brother-in-law in tow.:ban:

well if you stay mainly downtown it wont affect you much but if you try to venture out to the west you can only get as far as I-170 then you have to do some side street action. the good news is the beerfest and ciceros are both before the closure.

I am trying to find a decent map that will show some of the alternate routes.

I should be at the beerfest unless this cold I just got kicks in to high gear. I should be there from about 1:30 on, look for the white guy. :D

Just got back from Schlafly, their maibock was awesome. The food was good as well, nice call St.Louisians. :rockin:

arturo7 said:
Have you tried a pizza yet?

We went to the beer tasting, verygood, then went to a place called Maurizios on Olive St. They had very good thin crust pizza there. If I keep it up at this pace, my pants won't fit by the time we leave!:mug:

What time were you at the beer tasting? I was there from 2:30 to 4:00. They had a lot of nice beers there. Also a lot of ****ing people that needed to do their yapping somewhere other than right in front of the beer.

stever said:
What time were you at the beer tasting? I was there from 2:30 to 4:00. They had a lot of nice beers there. Also a lot of ****ing people that needed to do their yapping somewhere other than right in front of the beer.

We were there from 1:00 to around 2:15, and yes we were fighting the yappy people also. But the selection was excellent, I got some good ideas for some future brews. Are the micro breweries open to tour on Sundays?

Just a note to say thanks to everyone for all the good suggestions for the trip. It turned out well and we all had a blast. Toured Anheuser-Busch, saw the arch, went to Schlafly's (both taproom and bottleworks), Morgan Street Brewery, the beer tasting and a bunch of other good restaurant's. If you asked me the highlight was Schlafly's, their beer is flat out great. St. Louis rock's!:rockin:

Latest posts

Back