What should Santa Claus bring me for Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iglehart

Reaction score
So my family has been asking what I want next for my brewing and I can't decide. As far as money goes they want to stay under $250.

I brew 3 gallon batches and I like it this way. No plans to move up to 5 Gallons or more. For me better beer is the most important thing with time spent brewing a 2nd.

My current setup
I have a cooler and bag to do (BIAB), value at the bottom to get wort out. I have a propane burner (Very old but work well) and a 6 gallon aluminum boil kettle. Next is my 25 foot copper wort chiller. The I use my 3 gallon glass carboys and I ferment in a temp controlled chest freezer. I have anther chest freezer to serve 4 kegs in.

Besides any upgrades there I would like a nitro setup for a guniess and bodingtons clone.

Any suggestion besides the nitro setup and BTW how much would nitro setup cost?

Do you have a grain mill and airtight bins to store bulk grains? That's my Christmas list.

Sounds like a bunch of gift cards so you can take advantages of promos when stuff is on sale. Equipment wise, you sound pretty good. Maybe a stir plate/flask?

I already have container and a grain mill. Thanks. The stout faucet was a thought, I need one.

450x450xedelmetall_brew_burner_a_3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.NRF2MM-Qz4.jpg

An upgraded burner seems like a winner. Any little things? Brew gloves? Refractometer? New tubing? Cleaning/sanitizing stuff?

Do you fill growlers and bottles from kegs? A counter pressure filler would be nice.

I am going to all-grain soon. Are there usually good Black Friday deals?

Another vote for a nitro tap.. You have most of the other stuff I would recommend. I love my nitro tap.

I rotate a stout and an Irish Red on it and it always impresses my friends.

My Santa list is simple. A grain mill !

Although a yeast starter kit that includes the flask and stir plate would be a good option too.

a couple of 5 gallon cornies to ferment in, pefect for 3 gallon batches and a spare co2 setup to do O2 free transfers. Grain mill is a great idea also, as well as the blichmann burner. I wish I had upgraded to my grainmill and blichmann burner years ago.

If you're still using glass carboys, I'd recommend asking for Better Bottles. Glass carboys are risky... probably less so with the smaller 3 gallon ones, but I still don't want anything to do with glass after discovering a crack in one of mine for no good reason.

O2 stone and tank. Aeration is important and you've got a ton more equipment than I do!

Back