What next??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sefrayser

Reaction score
I have brewed a Brown Ale, Whit Ale, and a Honey Wheat so far. Im looking for another extract recipe. I was thinking something like a Blueberry honey or Cherry wheat. When I did the Honey Wheat it tasted really good, like sweet tea until I bottled it. Somehow it lost the honey flavor during the carbonation process. The whit ale that I did is my favorite so far. It has a Blue Moon taste and when you add a slice of orange it completes it.

Brew what you like? I'd suggest a nice citrusy IPA, but you may not care for them. Or maybe a Belgian Pale Ale, or Saison. The spectrum of beer styles is nearly as broad as the number of colors in a rainbow. Go nuts.

I'm not a fan of most fruit wheat beers, so your ideas don't sound interesting to me personally. Just look through a few web pages about beer styles and see if something catches your eye.

If you're into the lighter beers you can add fruit to there's a beer on here called the wild dog days of summer ale that's pretty good and easy and would probably go well with fruit. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/wild-dog-days-summer-ale-80530/

I'm not into wheat/fruit beers so that above recipe is the best I have for you! Just look around in the recipe section and I"m sure you'll find something that looks good to you.
I've been sitting here trying to decide what I'm brewing on Sunday... It took me a while but I finally chose one based on the Rye red hop bomb ale from an old brewing tv episode. Should be tasty!

Any idea why you lost the honey flavor?
Sent from my XT1049 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back