What kind of music do you listen to while brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guided by Voices, The Hold Steady, Built to Spill, Wolf Parade, Elliott Smith, The White Stripes, Deer Tick, Tom Waits, Drive-By Truckers, Tool, Sleater-Kinney, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Black Keys, The Mars Volta, Sigur Ros, Iron and Wine, Bon Iver, The National, etc.

Nice Lineup

Generally some Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers, Johnny Hickman, or Hickman-Dalton gang. Between studio albums and the ton of live recordings available on archive.org, I have enough for many, many brews.

Generally I'll listen to a Brewing Network show or some other brewing podcast...it just feels right. If not I'll put Itunes on shuffle and then who knows what you're in for. MF Doom, Radiohead, Ratatat, P.J. Harvey, Sigur Ros, The Roots, Arctic Monkeys, Del, DJ Shadow, James Brown or Johnny Cash. Can't let the genres hold you back.

Rob Swift, MF Doom, Atmosphere, Blockhead, Wax Tailor, Corrosion of Conformity, ZZ Top, Boogie Down Productions, Dilated Peoples, Psyche Origami.....etc.

Mostly a lot of hip hop but I mix it up with some metal and old schoool punk/skate rock as well.

Rob Swift, MF Doom, Atmosphere, Blockhead, Wax Tailor, Corrosion of Conformity, ZZ Top, Boogie Down Productions, Dilated Peoples, Psyche Origami.....etc.

Mostly a lot of hip hop but I mix it up with some metal and old schoool punk/skate rock as well.

Oh crap! I haven't listened to BDP in years. Ima have to dust some off.

Podcasts, mostly. Had Doug Loves Movies while brewing a few days ago and We Hate Movies on a bottling day last month.

Some metal Pantera, Crowbar, Down, CoC, old Metallica, old Sepultura. Some Classic Rock The Allman Bros., Pink Floyd, Cream, Hendrix. Jambands Gov't Mule, moe., Phish, Widespread Panic. Some Country Hank III , David Allan Coe, Merle Haggard. and some Bluegrass, Motown, and old school Funk as well. I pretty much just put my ipod on shuffle and let it go. It's a pretty eclectic mix.

Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Sublime, Pepper, Louis Prima, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, and one of my favorites.... stand up comedy on Pandora. Not really music but its nice laughin my ass off while brewing.

Pandora eventually hooked me into some odd french cafe style trance/electronica. It's funky, but is a great mood setter for creating! I dig it.

depends on my mood. Megadeth, Hank III, Flatt & Scruggs, Pro Pain, Weird Al, Acid Bath, Johnny Cash, King Missile, Six Feet Under, Blind Society, The Slackers, Mephaskapheles, Pressure Point, Poison Idea, Lloyd Charmers, Andy Capp, Motor Head, Leonord Cohen...

After listening to the Sunday Session almost religiously, I find that Forrest Day makes my brew day just a little better.

Atmosphere (or rather Slug or whatever his name is) is one of the most talented white rappers I've heard. Unless you want to count nerdcore, in which case you've gotta give to MC Frontalot.

Oh crap! I haven't listened to BDP in years. Ima have to dust some off.

I found myself listening to "My Philosophy" on youtube not too long ago, but outside of that neither have I. I know I've got an album or two around here I'll have to put on.

This is a typical brewing day for me: Brand New, The Ready Set, Norma Jean, Sunny Day Real Estate, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Memphis May Fire, Bloc Party, Mute Math, Zac Brown Band, August Burns Red.

Or I'll listen to sports radio. It depends on how much Broncos talk I want to listen to.

I am a big metal head...so for me, anywhere from old school trash (Kreator/Pantera) to modern metal (Killswitch, Between the Buried and Me, Alestorm) or djent (Meshuggah).

Or if I wanna chill... lounge-radio.com -- by far the best ambient/jazz/electronic/trance station ever...no commercials.

Atmosphere (or rather Slug or whatever his name is) is one of the most talented white rappers I've heard. Unless you want to count nerdcore, in which case you've gotta give to MC Frontalot.

Slug is amazing and somewhat underrated, Frontalot is real hit and miss with me, great delivery but content is pretty meh.

Off to fire up some Wax Tailor and do some cleaning.

Depends on how I'm feeling but usually Andrew Jackson Jihad, Avett Brothers, Leftover Crack, Between The Buried And Me, Neutral Milk Hotel, or Doomtree. And whatever Pandora thinks I might like

<----- electro here. Mostly Hardstyle. If im feeling less spunky maybe some downtempo, house music.

Never can go wrong with good ol johnny cash either. :)

Hip hop and soul. Depends on whats being brewed. And by hip hop I don't mean radio hip hop. I'm talking pacific north west hip hop. Also artists like Nas and Jack Johnson. Just really depends on the day and my mood.

I am usually on Country, but there are some Rock and Adel, even a Nappy Roots On Pandora Oh No Hell No!
Listen to every thing and like changing it up

I love country music, but when I first started brewing I would always start my brew day off with one song: "99 Problems" by Jay-Z. When I really screw up a beer in the future, that'll be its name: 99 Problems.

Now that I think about it, it was probably a bad way to start off my homebrewing hobby.

"I got 99 problems but a beer ain't one!"

Most anything from the 80's hardcore days. Alot of OC punk. D.I. Adolescents. Social D. Black Flag. When I'm brewing though I prefer something a little softer, I'll go Agent Orange or The Descendants or Iggy & The Stooges.

I grew up on Country though. So George is always good. Or any of the Williams family.

rhinoceroceros said:
Depends on how I'm feeling but usually Andrew Jackson Jihad, Avett Brothers, Leftover Crack, Between The Buried And Me, Neutral Milk Hotel, or Doomtree. And whatever Pandora thinks I might like

Love The Avett Brothers. I & love & you and Sallys lover are 2 of my all time favs.

Back