What kind of music do you listen to while brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll pull out the old school gangsta rap when I'm pissed at the HOA. Otherwise Rammstein, Korn, Rush, maybe some hard trance. If my husband brews he keeps it mellow: Pink Floyd, George Michael, R&B.

Kool to see a lot of rock listeners. I'm listening to either 90's rock/grunge/alt (nirvana, Korn, Manson, alice in chains, etc) or hardcore/scream-o (iwreatledabearonce, a plea for purging, August burns red, etc) or the occasional dub step. Out of all my brewing friends tho I listen to the hardest selection. Can't get anyone to go to the local under ground warehouse for shows.

Deuce - I saw Five Finger Death Punch at Epicenter last year. A little outside my box (I'm old) but they seriously rocked! The day included P.O.D. Stand, Everlast and others and they had some good brews on tap too.

Dommyk - Glad to know there are other F1 fans here. I do go mellow/soul for the early morning brew days but my soul is a mix of Janis, Stevie Ray Vaughn and old Allman Brothers.

Live music - my wife is a great piano player and the piano is located above where I brew. It is a good blend of two hobbies.

As Joe Dirt said, "I'm a rocker, dude, through and through." :rockin:

Whatever's on the Music Choice hard rock or hair channels. Five Finger Death Punch is a current favorite.

Drive-by Truckers, The Bottle Rockets, Deer Tick, Avett Bros., Slobberbone, Kasey Chambers, The Pogues, Devil Makes Three, Steeldrivers, Uncle Tupelo, Gillian Welch, Trampled by Turtles, John Prine, Justin Townes Earle, Guy Clark, James McMurtry, and by time I've made it through an assortment of these artists... My wife yelling at me to finish up because the kids are driving her nuts.

Put on sublime station on Pandora. Mix of reggae, punk, ska. For some reason tho its turned into a funky 60's blues trip. I can't figure out why, its awesome though

If I listen to music while brewing it's usually celtic or Irish drinking songs but most of the time, I am watching beer podcasts on my ipad or streaming a movie on my ipad.

i have my laptop on with pandora radio with ether classic rock or metal, and have the hbt situp looking for tips and tricks on what im brewing:rockin: and afew beers to help me think lol

Guided by Voices, The Hold Steady, Built to Spill, Wolf Parade, Elliott Smith, The White Stripes, Deer Tick, Tom Waits, Drive-By Truckers, Tool, Sleater-Kinney, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Black Keys, The Mars Volta, Sigur Ros, Iron and Wine, Bon Iver, The National, etc.

Yes.

Lots of jazz... big bands, combos, Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie, Stan Kenton, Esperanza Spalding, Brubeck. Occasionally Opie and Anthony or The Brewing Network if its not music. Not a fan of current emo vomit :D

Usually a mix from the iPod. Right now Cake is on. I'm about to switch up to a harder mix.

Nothing beats some good music while brewing! Some friends get confused when music is playing on shuffle off of my phone and goes from Hank III and Haggard to some Eazy-E and Brotha Lynch! Never can go wrong with some Pantera but lately been on a Pepper kick. A drink in the hand with a cigar in the other while brewing can't get any better!

Last edited by a moderator:
FreshZ said:
Guided by Voices, The Hold Steady, Built to Spill, Wolf Parade, Elliott Smith, The White Stripes, Deer Tick, Tom Waits, Drive-By Truckers, Tool, Sleater-Kinney, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Black Keys, The Mars Volta, Sigur Ros, Iron and Wine, Bon Iver, The National, etc.

Nice, I dont know all those bands, but big yes to the ones I do.

I'm like 75% Irish and listened to Irish pub songs last brew day...it mixed very well, so well it took me two days to get over the hangover...luckily the ESB still turned out ok :)

I generally listen to my backlog of podcasts on brewing and other hobbies, an all-news radio station, or my scanner. My cool days when I used to DJ are long gone.

Jay-z. It is really strange. It is the only time I ever listen to rap. But I did it once (Grey Album) and have had the association ever since.

Last batch it was Pearl Jam (Ten)

Since I got a new turntable I've been listening to my vinyl while brewing. The other night bottling it was The Hub of Hubbard (Freddie Hubbard) and Swiss Movement (Les McCann and Eddie Harris). Also recently Sonny Stitt, Sonny Rollins, Miles Davis, Coltrane, Joe Henderson, and some old crooners like Sammy Davis Jr, Sinatra. Then there's the classic rock albums like Traffic, Jethro Tull, Steely Dan,....

I freakin love listening to vinyl. Even on my crappy speakers it sounds better than an iPod.

I just bought some vinyl today! I just need a receiver and some nice speakers to hook my turntable up to.

Since I got a new turntable I've been listening to my vinyl while brewing. The other night bottling it was The Hub of Hubbard (Freddie Hubbard) and Swiss Movement (Les McCann and Eddie Harris). Also recently Sonny Stitt, Sonny Rollins, Miles Davis, Coltrane, Joe Henderson, and some old crooners like Sammy Davis Jr, Sinatra. Then there's the classic rock albums like Traffic, Jethro Tull, Steely Dan,....

I freakin love listening to vinyl. Even on my crappy speakers it sounds better than an iPod.

I was listening to Pandora while brewing yesterday and a really HOT version of Birdland played by Freddie Hubbard and the Allyn Ferguson Big Band came on.

And yes...Vinyl does sound better. I just like pandora's variety.

Mashing now. Some really old school Ministry was just on( think early 80's new wave). Now its Arcade Fire.
iPod shuffle.

Nothing puts me in a better mood on brew day than crankin some AC/DC or something along those lines. I will probably start throwing in some German Polka, monk chants, and Irish drinking songs becuase I am pretty convinced it will make the beer better.

Latest posts

Back