what is your go-to cheap beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i'm going for a cheap beer to get drunk on, i would usually go Labatt's.... Probably because its all my dad drinks.

I cut my teeth on Miller Lite so I usually have a 12 pack around in the spring/summer. Great after cutting the grass. I love SNPA as well especially for the price.

Whatever good micro is on sale for $6.99 or less. Usually Deschutes, Pyramid, New Belgium, or something like that is on sale at any given time.

That or the Kirkland case at CostCo. Less than a buck a bottle and the labels come off easier than any beer I now of.

If it's for myself, I'll go for labatt.

If I'm supplying a college party, Colt 45, ~$16/30pk
It's the best bang for the buck as far as "beer" is concerned.

i usually go for the keystone as my cheap beer, but most of the time i'll use it to cook with. :mug:

Genesee Bock isn't bad, but I find the Cream Ale is darn close to 'below the line'. I'll buy Yuengling when it gets here to Kentucky. I like the four pack 16 oz. cans of Beck's or Heinekin for less than 6 bucks; that's $1.50 pints of decent Euro Lager.

One place here in town has 6 packs of Henninger 16oz. for $5.99. Decent beer at a decent price for me.

Fire Beer

firebeer.jpg

With all due respect. Aren't we all homebrewers here? Point being that we brew beer. Why the hell would you buy some cheap crap? If I'm going somewhere I'll bring a growler. If I'm fishing I'll grab some Oscar Blues. If I just want to get drunk for cheap ( I don't) then I'd buy some vodka. Maybe its just me, but had to be said. cheers:mug:

With all due respect. Blah, Blah Blah... but had to be said. cheers, mug,

There is no "due respect", and it really didn't "had to be said" in this thread. It has been said a few times on this forum, believe it or not..

It is clear what the thread is about. And regardless of your EAC attitude, you are not the one (nor am I) who should be judging other peoples' opinions.

So go post in Beer science or all grain where your expertise is needed!!

It looks like the fire extin.. is just the CO2 tank, and a type of squeeze valve. Like I said, I want one. : )

Say what you will, but I still enjoy a pint of Miller Lite. And when the nephews are over, you can be damn sure I've got a keg of that on hand!

HAHAHAH point taken. My point is that we all have enough GOOD resources:tank:

Somewhat true, but personally I find it hard to go to a party or game-watching type of event and bring homebrew/expensive craft brew without sharing it. Sure you can do that, but you come off like a prick. It is much easier in those situations to just grab a giant case of BMC. Then you can share with everyone and not feel the sting in the wallet.

Somewhat true, but personally I find it hard to go to a party or game-watching type of event and bring homebrew/expensive craft brew without sharing it. Sure you can do that, but you come off like a prick. It is much easier in those situations to just grab a giant case of BMC. Then you can share with everyone and not feel the sting in the wallet.

I see where your coming from. I personally don't like that kind of beer though. I'll pick it up for someone else, but thats about it. If people think I'm a dick for not liking it...well.....thats just kind of weird. I don't see how its snobbish to like good beer. If your preaching to BMC drinkers about it then you deserve whatever criticism is coming to you.

I see where your coming from. I personally don't like that kind of beer though. I'll pick it up for someone else, but thats about it. If people think I'm a dick for not liking it...well.....thats just kind of weird. I don't see how its snobbish to like good beer. If your preaching to BMC drinkers about it then you deserve whatever criticism is coming to you.

I don't mean it is snobbish to like it, but I personally feel like a jerk when I show up to a gathering of my friends with a pack of say, Stone IPA, and

A) refuse to let anyone have any or share

or

B) share and then have to be subconciously annoyed all night because my 12 dollar sixer got put down in about 15 minutes by the group.

It is different if all of your friends appreciate craft beer and likewise understand that it is alot more costly than BMC, but I am not in this situation very often.

Until a day in the hopefully near future when I do not have to sweat dropping an extra 10 or so bucks on a sixer, I will just keep bringing Shiner Bock to friendly gatherings and not sweat it when it all gets drank.

Back to the original purpose of this thread - this is why I have a preferred cheap beer I often indulge in :)

If you're doing it right, your homebrew is just as cheap as BMC. :D

With all due respect. Aren't we all homebrewers here? Point being that we brew beer. Why the hell would you buy some cheap crap? If I'm going somewhere I'll bring a growler. If I'm fishing I'll grab some Oscar Blues. If I just want to get drunk for cheap ( I don't) then I'd buy some vodka. Maybe its just me, but had to be said. cheers:mug:

And hence the title of this thread. Not bring my home brew, not grab craft. Cheap go too beer. Every beer has a time and a place.

And hence the title of this thread. Not bring my home brew, not grab craft. Cheap go too beer. Every beer has a time and a place.

Gotta acknowledge such an awesome screen name. That place and time is called college :mug:

Well thanks for your .02 dickhole. I wasnt being rude, and you come in with your ****** flag waving " I disagree with someone on the internet! Time to be a cockbag and call people names!!!". Also thank you for pointing out that people have conflicting opinions that have been displayed on these boards. I was completely unaware! I'm sorry I won't rant. to sum it up

**** YOU BUDDY!!! GO **** YOURSELF AND YOUR INSULTS!!!!

to everybody else I think its clear that I mean no offense:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back