What is this on my freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
So I just bought a GE 7.0 cu ft chest freezer recently, and will be turning it into a keezer. Tonight I was taping it up, with plans to paint it black over the weekend. As I was removing some of the stickers I saw this right above the vents. It was covered with a round white sticker, which I removed, then cleaned up with some goo gone. What is the purpose of this? Why was it covered with a blank white sticker? Can I paint it? Thanks for any help!

20170601_031136.jpg

Pull the five screws holding the vent plate on and take a look. Doesn't look like anything but a knock out slug for letting something like a cord come out if wanted.

Could be wrong but remove the panel and see.

HTH

Actually the cooler floor is right above the vent. The hole was probably for a cord or something for an earlier model that they didn't change, so they covered it up with a white sticker. I'm just going to paint over it! lol

Mine was partly pulled off on mine. I think it is where they pump foam in. I may stand corrected. It's in the same spot and simular looking.

Back