What is the latest in kegerator air recirculation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiboko

Reaction score
It's been a while since I last thought about this, so I want to see what the hive mind thinks is the current best way (best as in price and simplicity) to improve air circulation in a chest/mini-bar kegerator?

My locale average humidity varies between 93-99% and I find that I also struggle with ice build up and uneven cooling.

A small DC fan running 24/7 is all it takes. Just have to pick a model and find a way to power it. I use a 120mm 12VDC PC fan in my keezer perched on the hump and firing straight across to the other end and that keeps the interior temperature homogenized end to end/top to bottom. Already had 12V DC power for the tower cooler and interior lighting...

Cheers!

There's a lot of recirc fans to shop for on Amazon. I used a 4 inch square model that was powered by a separate temp controller. For moisture I used a couple of these Eva-Dry units, renewable mini-dehumidifiers. Just set them inside somewhere and when they need "renewing", plug them in overnight.

Back