what is a prost?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was at Ocktoberfest in Germany 2009 everyone sings a song; the only thing I remember was 10,000 people yelling "Aaaaa prossssst! Aaaaa prost! A prost!"

Ha! Great question. Prost's functional effect would be as an address, or more specifically, an apostrophe, the use of an adjective "of good use" to reference a non-present subject "health" with the implication that health will become present through the associated action.

The action itself is known in German as the "Anstoß" or hit. Anstoß's function is that of a sudden meeting of two things. Let your imagination wander and you'll start thinking like a real German.

In the following example we observe the Prost in its natural habitat:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B72sTSznT4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:mug:

Yes the prost !!!! So many others gave it away. I hope it made you wonder for the week. Can You answer what is a EAC.? I can

Back