What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished up my new brewing stand, I made it to assemble and disassemble in about 10 minutes for easy storage, here's a couple of pics, you can check out my video with full description on my you tube channel, here's the link, https://youtu.be/OZECjMEK05M [ATTACH=full]333419[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]333420[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• VIDEO0134_0000193235.jpg
    VIDEO0134_0000193235.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 101
  • VIDEO0145_0000002423.jpg
    VIDEO0145_0000002423.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 102
I moved both my beers downstairs to heat them 2 degreess. It looks like the 10 day old beer will be ready before the 30 day old beer.

Got up and got my cooler today in another town. 15 bucks for a nice 10 gallon cooler. Just got done bottling 4 gallons of my New Castle Clone. Going to try to brew Monday of Tuesday.

Just got done bottling 2.5G of a brown ale...Came out a tad darker then anticipated..

Tried to take a final gravity reading(my hydrometers had been having fun playing hide and seek on me so I didn't get an original gravity, but I finally found them!), and I could use a little help interpreting what I am seeing..If I read it correctly I THINK that it is reading 1.012? If so, then I DO know what I am doing!LMAO..

hydrometer.jpg

Ordered stuff for an Avery White Rascal clone. Heaved a carboy of Caribou Slob into the keezer to cold crash.

Boiled my rye IPA (mashed it last night), cleaned my tap, and installed a new line.

Now I'm going to chill done beers for the party we are having tomorrow.

Bought all the stuff for my mash tun... Except the stainless steel washer... Of course (couldn't find one at lowes or my local small town wally's)

IBU numbers are overrated :) that sounds like a good beer to me.

It's only a pre hopped kit

Coopers Australisn Pale Ale 1.7 kg
Plus LME 1.5 kg
Some light crystal and caramunich 1 @ 125g ea

25grams Columbus and Simcoe at 10
And another 25g of each st 5

It's actually closer to 66IBUs.

BRY 97 which usually works really well for me.

I got carried away....

And now I'm drunk.

I find that whilst you do get bitterness from those later additions it is somewhat counterbalanced by the flavour

I find that whilst you do get bitterness from those later additions it is somewhat counterbalanced by the flavour

That is what I was thinking while I crossed my fingers and ignored Ianh's awesome spreadsheet.

:-D

God, it smelled good when I poured the boil into the FV.

cleaned out my 2.5g keg getting ready to keg/bottle my "Defective Clone" this weekend. Attempted the Dogfish Head 60min clone.... mistakes were made, but she's almost ready.

Picked up another LBK, plus the grains for a mini-mash to make a rye APA tonight. Also got some Campden tabs, and knocked out the chlorine & chloramines from 3 gallons of water already.

Just waiting for late-night tonight to make the beer!

Put my weird-Alice rye pale ale to bed this morning at 3:00AM.

BOY, do whole-cone hops suck up the wort!

Today I bottled a Belgian ipa, am brewing a Belgian porter, and am bottling a Belgian blonde. Belgians are life.

Related: I'm officially a fan of t-58. It's a solid choice for Belgian dry yeast. Can't wait for this Belgian porter :mug:

Very nice!! Will you still be doing your pm/pb brews?

I'll still be doing the pb/pm biab beers, besides kit-n-kilo & modded AE pipeline fillers as well. This one is a surprise that came to me,so I'm going for it! The mash is close to done atm. Matter of fact this is a biab beer as well, albeit 1 gallon. Smells good all the way into the man cave!

It's a porter. Porter goood! OG Est was 1.058, I got a 1.060 with 60F wort. Chilled it down a hair too much, so it got to free rise in the kettle while I got everything else ready. Not bad at all. Had boiled it down to within about 1/4C of the one gallon mark too! Weighed the half packet of S-04 & dumped it in. I'll finish pics in the morning.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1454287590.090622.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1454287600.044249.jpg

I bought a jigsaw to make the square holes for the PIDs in my new panel. Went pretty well, largely recovered from a disastrous attempt to use a spade bit to make starter holes through the plastic.

Also got the holes made for the element outlets. One of those single 240v 20a outlets fits perfectly in a 1.5" hole using a gasket removed from a heating element.

I also stocked up on specialty grains for a coffee stout, ESB and an IPA

Back