What do YOU drink your homebrew from???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of these, that I got from my Dad :drunk:

44a256.jpg

Honestly, I usually use the SA glasses for my pale ales, "standard" pint glasses for most of my other beers, and my old Buffalo Brew Pub mug when I'm in a "savoring the beer" mood...

Saisons and sours in an oversized red wine glass. Belgian styles in a goblet. English and American ales in standard pint glasses. Barleywines and imperials in a snifter.

I was picking up something in the dollar store and saw they had Tulip glasses in there. picked up half a dozen of them.

After I used them for a week I noticed a few things about them. A smaller opening with a bigger bottom seemed to concentrate the smell of it. The stem allowed me to keep my hand on it and let it warm up faster. And for tasting I'd fill it up 1/4 and swirl it around a bit.

So now after years of collecting pint glasses and other very cool and interesting containers with stories behind them I now have half a dozen dollar store glasses that I prefer over everything else.

I have a Duvel one, a Chimay one, a Bière Du Boucanier one, a vintage Sam Adams one, and a Delirium Tremens one.

Before I got serious into beer, i thought they were for fairies. They really do work mint.

Find a Duvel holiday pack, it comes with 2 bottles and a glass. The glass is laser etched for head retention. It will quickly become your favorite glass.

lextasy23 said:
I have a Duvel one, a Chimay one, a Bière Du Boucanier one, a vintage Sam Adams one, and a Delirium Tremens one.

Before I got serious into beer, i thought they were for fairies. They really do work mint.

Find a Duvel holiday pack, it comes with 2 bottles and a glass. The glass is laser etched for head retention. It will quickly become your favorite glass.

I was the same way, thought a tulip glass was just another way to look like a snob, picked up the Duvel one you're talking about last night and it immediately became my favorite

Usually I drink out of a tulip glass that I bought at the Harpoon brewery right when I started homebrewing (it's what all their employees were drinking out of), but when I'm at my parent's house, my favorite homebrew glass is this prohibition era glass mug that my dad found in a landfill when he was dragged out "glass hunting" with his parents at around the age of 14...it's a great mug (that supports great head retention) with a great story behind it.

My auto siphon.... Kidding. Just went out and got 2 sam Adams glasses. I like them but I do not like the logo on the glass, is it just me ?

I love that shape sam adams has and absolutly have to get one.Until then i like my coke shaped glass(short weizen like tulip like english pub) Even though im not a sam adams fan.

Why the hate for Sam Adams? I know Boston Beer Company is getting big and some people view that as a bad thing. Anyway you slice it Jim Koch has a serious passion for beer and that makes him different than the "other" big breweries.

I have no hate for Sam Adams I just like logo free glasses so I can stare at my beer with out looking at another beers logo.

And it's the only "major" American-owned brewery. As long as they keep the craft tradition going with good, ever-changing offerings, I'm happy. Support your hometown (American) brewery.

I have quite a collection of glassware. You simply need specific glasses for specific styles!

Chimay
Hoegaarden
Franciskaner
Andechser
Spaten
Lowenbrau
Konig Ludwig
a couple other weizens
Hofbrau liter glass
And a dozen pint glasses of different varieties

Q: "What do YOU drink your homebrew from?"

A: ..... from Dusk Til Dawn!! (sorry if somebody has already posted that bad joke :D)

But for a serious answer, I try to use style appropriate glasses. I have pint glasses, ale glasses with the fatter top, pilsner glasses, flutes, and one of those snifter-like things for my hardcore beers!

Vongo said:
I have no hate for Sam Adams I just like logo free glasses so I can stare at my beer with out looking at another beers logo.

If you want to strip paint from a bottle or glass try CLR or Star-San.

Why the hate for Sam Adams? I know Boston Beer Company is getting big and some people view that as a bad thing. Anyway you slice it Jim Koch has a serious passion for beer and that makes him different than the "other" big breweries.

Ive only liked a few of sam adams,like the winter ale and by liked i mean like.The glass is pretty sexy curvey though.:mug:

I know Boston Beer Company is getting big .

I think that's a popular mis-perception. Even thought they are the largest-selling craft beer, Sam Adams still only accounts for just under one percent of the U.S. beer market. Not exactly "big"

Thwizzit said:
I think that's a popular mis-perception. Even thought they are the largest-selling craft beer, Sam Adams still only accounts for just under one percent of the U.S. beer market. Not exactly "big"

Oh yeah. A drop in the bucket in the whole market but awful huge compared to any domestic non-BMC owned brewery.

I had a nice Sierra Nevada glass that was cracked by SWMBO when doing the dishes. I'n now limited to my free Newcastle glass.

Needless to say, SWMBO isnt allowed to touch my beer glass(es) anymore.

Latest posts

Back