What causes the c02 to be trapped in the head?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiako

Reaction score
I just put on cigar city jai alai on tap that cost a good amount of money so I kinda want it to be right.

I have it at 14 psi 35 degrees overnight. Head looks good not too foamy, when you finish the glass its laced with foam. But its seems like the beer doesn't bubble too much and I think it has a bit of a c02 bite. Anything less than 14 psi seems to make my beer go flat.

Chill your keg a week or so before you serve. It'll dissolve the C02 in the beer much better.

Hey Tiako,
Next time you are at cigar city tell Travis that Ben says high.
Thanks

I love Cigar City. There's a really friendly beer wench (her words) there who mezmerized me for an afternoon by folding t-shirts against her, uh, upper abdomen. And the beer is good.

That C02 can re-accumulate if the beer is too warm for too long.

I'm not following. Carbonation level does not change when the beer temp changes as long as no CO2 is added nor any beer dispensed.

14psi at 35 degrees F is destined for 3.92 volumes of CO2. I think I'd stick to 10psi at that temp for 2.5 volumes max.

Back