What beer did you drink with your Thanksgiving dinner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am enjoying some wonderful red wine (Pinot, Bordeaux, and cab sav) while cooking. And breaking into my stash of pliney the elder clone and Oaked barley wine to serve with dinner. Going to be delicious!

Along with lunch I had a half glass of my cranberry rhubarb blonde ale. With dinner I will probably have some combination of the above-mentioned beer, a saison, and/or a cherry saison.

Cheers - Happy Thanksgiving!

Up in Oregon visiting family so I stopped in at the store and picked up a Ninkasi sampler. Had a Sleigh'r so far, plan on sampling the rest before the day is out.

The rest are Believer, Oatis, and Total Domination.

Pregamed with a zombie dust clone beer and my brown ale @ 6 and 7%, dinner was 2 huge pieces of smoked prime rib cut from a 16 pound prime rib bought @ restraunt depot paired with a bottle of 2013 dogfishhead old school barleywine each person had a whole bottle to themselves. Split a bomber of southern tier pumking and southern tier warlock 3 ways for desert, and wrapped up with a 2013 bottle of hebrew jewbelation reborn @ 17% split 3 ways. Yeah I'm feeling good right now. Happy turkey day everyone!

My main event was CCB Good Gourd - totally lived up to the hype! Then I had a Bruery Autumn Maple with/for dessert. Good but a touch sweet.

image.jpg

Slumbrew's "Yankee Swap"

My 15% bourbon barleywine

Threw in a few Smaltz variety pack beers, Founders All-Day IPA, and a Green Flash Rayon Vert

Pliny. Wife had Blind Pig. I was in SF last week and was able to grab some fresh beer. For some reason wasn't as good as I remember or my brewing is getting better...

A 2007 Cabernet, and some 8 week old, Who's Your Taddy Porter. The malt in the porter is really starting to shine through, and the "alcohol" taste is starting to not be so noticeable and quite mellow. This is my second time brewing a Taddy Porter, and the first one was gone before it really hit its stride. Fortunately, I do have some other brews this time to keep me busy while I am waiting on my favorite brown porter to reach perfection. :)

Poor Richard's Ale.....finished the keg :( I'll brew that one again ... it was a nice brew :)

If I could have drank a beer with my meal, it would have been a Pumking with the main course, and a Breakfast Stout with dessert... Well... The FBS would have been dessert...

Brandon O's Graff was perfect to wash down all that deliciousness. Nice hoppy amber for dessert.

A great robust porter I brewed in September. Gave it about 2 months to condition. Nice and roasty and choclatey. Just goes great with turkey dinner.

My family and I enjoyed a selection of my home brew. I served up my Christmas ale, a citra IPA, west coast amber and a pale ale.

Had a Baltic Porter I brewed with my brother.

Brought a bottle of Rodenbach Grand Cru, a Sam Smith Yorkshire Stingo, and an Ayinger Salvator.

My brother brought a couple Heady Toppers as well. He gave me two to bring home and try and get some Conan yeast going.

I had one of my Maori IPA's with dinner. Taste mingled well with the turkey's herbs & all. Dito with the stuffing. gunna try the Cougar country IPA with leftovers tonight. Now if I could just get momma ride to the library to take the DVD's back. That's a buck a day each if we don't. Damn kids...can't get much out of'em.

My very first brew has finally lost its green flavor, so I enjoyed a couple bottles of AHS's honey blonde ale. It has turned out much better than expected, especially after I failed on my first 3 attempts at cider.

It made for a great Turkey Day.

A little late to this party. I had some of my own pumpkin beer that I brewed specifically for the occasion, and I also managed to get a bottle of Dogfish Head's new Kvasir which no one wished to share with me so I had to drink it all myself...:drunk:

Latest posts

Back