What are you drinking for Christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cider123

Reaction score
Just wondering what folks have stashed away for Christmas eve and day?

I have an English IPA that will hit 4 weeks in the bottle on Christmas Eve. So that will be the primary drink this year. Although I do have some vodka, dry vermouth and a new jar of olives that might come together into something dirty a few times.

The SWMBO will probably be hitting the red wine, though she likes a beer every now and then.

How bout you?

Cider123 said:
Just wondering what folks have stashed away for Christmas eve and day?

I have an English IPA that will hit 4 weeks in the bottle on Christmas Eve. So that will be the primary drink this year. Although I do have some vodka, dry vermouth and a new jar of olives that might come together into something dirty a few times.

The SWMBO will probably be hitting the red wine, though she likes a beer every now and then.

How bout you?

Planning on having a few buffalo sweat stouts from tall grass and a spiced cider that should be ready for Christmas

I have some Samichlaus that I will be enjoying. It is going to be a great Christmas!! Hopefully I will remember it :) Merry Christmas everyone.

Variety pack beer night on Christmas eve. My wife has a huge family and all the brothers in law bring good stuff. I have an Alt and a Pale plus a growler of Solemn Oath's Obuilette. Then there's the variety pack whiskey....

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

My IPA should be carbed up by then. I also have a bottle of 2010 NEBCo Imperial Stout Trooper that wants to see the light of day.

I'll be sharing bottles from several batches which include a malty Blonde, a Sorachi Ace Saison, a Hefeweizen, an ESB/Pale Ale mix, an IIPA, and a Wheat Stout.

Oh yes, and probably some Miller, because that's what my family usually has around.

2012 Surly Darkness, a bunch of homemade wine and homebrew include my Surly Furious and Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat all-grain kits from Northern Brewer. It should be a good Christmas! :tank:

I have a ton of pumpkin ale left and swmbo picked me up a 12er of pabst, so I have options. I think I have a gallon of rye pale ale left on tap as well.

I got a half bomber of port brewing santas little helper,I may be helping myself to,unless I help my self to it sooner.Usually I do but maybe I will see how this pans out being recapped untill then. Otherwise I hope I have something new to try then.

Mad elf clone my brother in law and I did is ready to go and I picked up a bomber of double jack and stone 10 anniversary. His dad is really into my pumpkin porter so I'm sure the last few of those will make an appearance. Merry Christmas!

Maple brown ale
House smoked porter
St Bernadus Abt 12
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Dubbel Trouble
Stone Vertical Epic Ale
12/25
Delirium Noel
St Bernadus Christmas

I plan on bringing a 1 gallon keg of my current batch of MO SMaSH IPA (an English IPA) to my sister/mother's place for xmas eve dinner and day. Also have a couple of bottles of mead already over there. Thinking about bottling up some of my wee heavy (12.5%) to have after dinner on xmas eve. :D I might bring a bottle of my current batch of mocha porter too. Maybe some of my 8.9% old ale that was on cherry wood for several months. I'm staying over xmas eve so no driving means plenty of drinking can be done. :D

When I get home, I'll drink whatever I want. :rockin:

"Recalculated Dockhand", a robust porter with some cold brew coffee added, based on the Recalcitrant Dockhand brew from Blackstar here in Austin.

Yes maybe I need to pick up a few wee heavies for a little variety. Beer and a couple racks of BBQ ribs will do nicely for Christmas.
I forgot I also have a Christmas plum pudding that I made 2 weeks ago. Every other day I uncover it and soak the top with a mix of mostly brandy and sugar syrup. That sucker will be loaded by Xmas.
Merry Christmas!

Cider123, where about's in Maine are ya?? :D Got a friend up in Waterville and family in the York/Wells area. Got another friend up in the Freeport area. :D Beautiful country up there. Going after a job (I hope) in Brunswick come start of the year.

I made a Rye Saison I'm sharing with the neighbors and plan to pull out a Founders KBS I picked up last summer to enjoy before Santa shows up.

I'm in the Augusta area, about 30 min south of Waterville. The area is nice, but it's a dead zone for any good food or drink. You either have to drive to Freeport or Portland or make it yourself. Hence the homebrewing. You have some great recipes listed. I'm reading up a bunch on making more traditional English pale ales and bitters.

My list includes the following:
FFF Alpha Klaus
Stone Enjoy by 12/21/12 (I know! I didn't enjoy it by...)
A bottle of my Russian Imperial Stout that I brewed a year and a half ago (One more left for next year!).
A bottle of my Jack Frost Spiced Porter 2011 from last year.
A bottle of my Jack Frost Spiced Porter 2012 (New recipe).
A few bottles of my Janahead IPA (It's my third version of FFF Zombie Dust clone with Amarillo, Citra, and Simcoe - really tasty!).

Merry Christmas!

On tap I have an IPA, a nice stout, in bottles there is Weyerbacher Winter warmer, Grolsch, assorted Sam Adams, Stone IPA, Presidente, and some bourbon and Jamaican rum. Oh yeah and couple of Miller lite for those who really don't drink but want to be sociable.

Starting off mid-day with Brandon O's Graff on tap. Got a bottle of framboise, kriek and cuve renee that ill be mixing with:)

Next i brewed what i call my "12 to 12" RyeIPA on Dec 2,2012 for 12/21/12 heavy hop bursted IPA with simcoe citra FF centennial and galaxy FWH with nugget has become my house IPA with just one sip. HUGE DANK tropical profiles with just a little bit of resiny pine and spicy bready rye finish. :D:p

Midway thru the night ill be cracking out my spiced warmer, it should be OK for monday only a month in the bottle @ 9% brewed with freshly ground nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, clove and ginger and 4 pounds of homemade pumpkin puree. Aged on jack daniels oak soaked with a vanilla bean for a month. Thinking this is going to need a good amount of time more in the bottle though.:confused:

Have a bottle of double bastard and old guardian ale vintage 2011 that i might be bringing out:tank:

Finishing off with my utopias vintage 2011.:rockin:
(i was the OP to that thread opened a couple weeks ago....Yep got it:p)

Happy holidays everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!:ban:

Nada. HB not ready yet,& HOA & their lawyers broke me 2 months straight. No beer,no vodka,no cigs,no tree,barely any presents from the dollar store. Damn.:(

Same as every year... A bottle of DFH 120 minute for Christmas morning. I'm not sure about the rest of the day just yet...

:mug:

Besides homebrew I've been hording for the holidays, I got a couple 22s of Pretty Things Once upon a Time XXXX Mild Ale. I guess they recreated a London beer from 1832. 10.5% and a lot of English hops. I can't wait to try it out.

i brewed a cranberry pale ale specifically for christmas.

put them in the fridge yesterday, and they will come out of the fridge on christmas day.

"Midway thru the night ill be cracking out my spiced warmer, it should be OK for monday only a month in the bottle @ 9% brewed with freshly ground nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, clove and ginger and 4 pounds of homemade pumpkin puree. Aged on jack daniels oak soaked with a vanilla bean for a month. Thinking this is going to need a good amount of time more in the bottle though."

This sounds awesome. Actually all you guys have put some special thought into this. I guess that's what makes this a hobby, obsession, damn cool, etc.

I like a hobby you can get fit shashts on. I have also planted the seed (drop) with the SWMBO about something called a Keezer;)

For Christmas eve I've got a bottle of Troggs Mad Elf I plan on enjoying and my fiancée's step day has a bottle of Brooklyn Black Ops I'm hoping he is planning on sharing.

I plan on taking some Punkin ale, my gold medal Cali Common, and some Coquito (Puerto Rican egg-nog my wife makes per a friends recipe) to the in-laws for the big hoopla Christmas Eve and will have to make sure I don't enjoy too much since I will be driving. Christmas day will probably involve lots of Punkin ale and probably a few of my IIPA's that I am hoping are fully carbed by then. The IIPA is 8.5%, 117 ibu, and loaded with a total of 10oz of hops: Columbus, Simcoe, Cascade, and Amarillo and is the first beer I have made that has completely blown me away. I wound up drinking 2 pints uncarbed on bottling day as a result of racking issues :tank:

For Christmas eve I've got a bottle of Troggs Mad Elf I plan on enjoying and my fiancée's step day has a bottle of Brooklyn Black Ops I'm hoping he is planning on sharing.

I was just at a bar with fellows that ordered Mad Elf on tap. They both thought it was gross and put half their beers back on the bar. I didn't know them well enough to say I'll finish those. Haha.

thaworm69 said:
Good o'l H2O...I'm the designated driver!

Well done. Better safe than sorry and the brew will be just as good the next day or whenever you go for it. Thanks for keeping not just your own crew safe but everyone else safe on the road too. We all toast a beer to you.

Back