What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cooked some Polish sausage (fresh from, well, Green Bay), rode my new bike (fantastic bike, decent rides), and watched the University of Kentucky Wildcats behave worse than children, after the Wisconsin Badgers won a game of basketball.

Bought a house and moved. It does have a decent sized shed in the back that my brew stuff has already been moved into. Will have to find a freezer for the ferm chamber.

I just hauled a big load of bricks home the other day, so I think I will be building a new grill / smoker this weekend.

This weekend - putting in plants for brewers garden, kegging, and cleaning up the mess that was the contents of my storage unit.

Next weekend - continuing to clean, plus CMU spring carnival (read: drinking lots of natty light ... And sneakily swapping other's natty with a pre-prohibition pilsner)

This past weekend, all weekend of course, removed popcorn ceiling from computer room, cut hole in ceiling and removed hornets nest from between first and second floor joists of said room, patched ceiling, painted ceiling, walls, and trim, put furniture back in room late Sunday night. Oh, almost forgot; I did squeeze in the World Beer Festival Saturday afternoon!

Takin' the ole lady shopping for some new clothes...

563527-379678e0-6092-11e4-a822-f0e45dcacc2e.jpg

If my wife is on call I'll hang around and do yardwork(and maybe brew some beer). If the wife isn't on call we're headed to my son's house in Odessa TX for a crawfish boil/beer party. It's hard to say which sounds better to me.

been sitting here for a week with my dominate arm in a sling due to surgery. All I have done is write up recipes and read about brewing. I just want to brew dangit

The crawdad boil sounds darn good to me! I started writing a recipe for a rare, nearly extinct ale called Mumme. Wrote some more of my latest HB book. Then watched a newer movie about the battle of the little big horn. The women were sewing a quilt toward the end, singing, Nearer My God To Thee. Interesting that the band played that same song, 36 years later, as the HMS Titanic was sinking...:confused:

been sitting here for a week with my dominate arm in a sling due to surgery. All I have done is write up recipes and read about brewing. I just want to brew dangit

I feel for you. I just got my right hand out of a cast a few weeks ago. It's just now returning back to some semblance of normality. Still a few more months before I can use power tools again.

I feel for you. I just got my right hand out of a cast a few weeks ago. It's just now returning back to some semblance of normality. Still a few more months before I can use power tools again.

I am fairly ambidextrous by nature, but I make it a point to do things with my left hand so if my right arm gets cut off, I'll be okay.

Brushing teeth, eating, prepping food, drinking beer, etc

I am fairly ambidextrous by nature, but I make it a point to do things with my left hand so if my right arm gets cut off, I'll be okay.

Same here, but it's mostly the ETC stuff...

I'm actually TRYING to brew some night this week, tomorrow or Friday. Saturday having friends over and cooking dinner for them all, and Sunday is my daughter's dance recital (MSU college group).

The kid who's taking my 15 yo to prom in Cadillac offered to drive her, but I'm leaning towards driving her myself. I don't really know the kid or his driving habits. I still remember the driving habits of most of the young people I knew when I was in school, and I remember boys in general at that age.

Both factors are making me want to leave the dinner party to drive her myself...

Same here, but it's mostly the ETC stuff...

I'm actually TRYING to brew some night this week, tomorrow or Friday. Saturday having friends over and cooking dinner for them all, and Sunday is my daughter's dance recital (MSU college group).

The kid who's taking my 15 yo to prom in Cadillac offered to drive her, but I'm leaning towards driving her myself. I don't really know the kid or his driving habits. I still remember the driving habits of most of the young people I knew when I was in school, and I remember boys in general at that age.

Both factors are making me want to leave the dinner party to drive her myself...

Make sure the tank is full and pulling the kid aside to say something along the lines of "Whatever you do to her tonight, I am going to do to you tomorrow" should set him straight. Worked for my little sister's dates in school (9 years younger than me)

Make sure the tank is full and pulling the kid aside to say something along the lines of "Whatever you do to her tonight, I am going to do to you tomorrow" should set him straight. Worked for my little sister's dates in school (9 years younger than me)

I'm working out how to drive them myself. I asked a lady at work and she said she went to prom at 15 with a senior and no way in hell would she let her own daughter do it!

Got basically the same answer from the other 2 ladies I asked. One only raised boys...

Thanks guys. Tore my right shoulder in 2 different areas, partially detached a tendon and had a small bone spur (if you're going to do something do it good I suppose). First surgery and WOW this hurts. I had started practicing doing things with my left and am getting pretty good with the little things, brushing my teeth still feels weird and awkward lol.

Having a party for my youngest daughter she will be 8. And NEXT weekend I'll be at a party for my oldest daughter, she will be 16.

In-laws are coming over, and my FIL and I have been tasked with setting the back patio up. Past experience tells me that the job will be 10% moving furniture, and 90% drinking beer, smoking cigars, playing with the dog, listening to good music on the college station, and "supervising" the ribs on the smoker. And it's a sunny warm day to boot.

Writing some more of my 2nd HB book while catching up on bottle cleaning...again. Got some more bottles to de-label for my son who wants to brew a vanilla stout, besides the ghost chili IIPA. Wish I could go fishing myself, but the water temp's still a bit cool.

Back