Went to dump an old clove bomb batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dland

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I finally decided to dump some ale I made two years ago w B-134 that came out good, except too much of a clove bomb. I had 4 kegs of this originally, and made it though 3 slowly. One full keg had been sitting out of beer freezer for about a year, today I decided to free up the keg.

Went to taste, and low & behold the heavy clove flavor was gone. The beer tastes OK too, not great, but drinkable, and it was at 60F too. I might have to chill it again and re evaluate dumping decision.

Thought I'd make this report because I was advised earlier that the clove taste would never go away, but it did.

As far as distilling is concerned, I'm trying to save my liver for beer....

Anyway, I drank some of it chilled last night and it was really quite good. I was prepared to chuck it, as I have plenty of fresh beer in the "pipeline". Was expecting it to be kind of bla, and oxidized after sitting in cellar for all that time, but it is a full keg, I'm sure that helped. The clove is gone, (not that I mind a little, but this stuff was over the top) and the flavor is fairly deep, w hints of prune or similar.

Back