Water saving cooling solutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct. In Australia, it's the way 99% of the homebrewers do it. The beers I tasted there that did it were great. Drew has tried it a couple times too, with great results. Seems like the only people who think it doesn't work are those who haven't tried it.
How would one do a brew with all whirlpool hops like a neipa for example?

Very cool. What's on the other end for fermentation temp control?

~HopSing.

https://ballandkeg.com/temperature-control-loop.php
Just a simple stainless steel loop and a wifi inkbird. This time of year there is a heat pad on the fermenter also.

The simple inkbird keeps the cooler at 34 degrees and runs a pump to circulate the water as to not form any ice. The wifi inkbird operates the small pump and heat pad and allows me to monitor and change the fermenter temp from the app.
I wasn't confident it would work well but looking at the last brew day data it brought the wort temp in the fermenter from 78 to my set temp of 68 in just over an hour. It's holds temperature very well. A few days before kegging I drop the temperature to 50. Not really cold crashing but it seems to clear a bit and solidify the yeast cake so it stays in the fermenter and not in my keg. Kegs clear much faster now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191212-153613_InkbirdSmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20191212-153613_InkbirdSmart.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 11
Back