water heater element adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i suppose it would work, but I don't see any benefit to using this over using the stainless locknut. With this thing, don't you have to cut one large hole and then also drill 4 small holes in your kettle?

Aren't all of the elements threaded? No sense in converting it when you can just use the threads already there.

I was probably overthinking it... I was just thinking it would be similar to a welded locknut on the kettle and the element could be removed without having to hug the pot

Thats what I used on my first generation eHeat exchanger that was in a small picnic cooler, and it was a pain to get water tight. stick with the hex-nut or weld on a 1" Stainless half coupler.

It's flat and your keg's curved. A seal seems impossible unless you pounded your keg wall flat, but at that point you most likely will have really banged up the keg wall, making a seal even harder to achieve.

Back