"Watch TRU BLOOD" they said........"The early episodes are good", they said...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Wow, so Sookie can't stop hearing people's thoughts in the bar, but has to grab her brother's face to start hearing his......all while making doe eyes at an EDWARD wannabe...(which is saying ALOT, since TWILIGHT is disgustingly awful).

Sex, Stoopid stuff,more sex, more stoopid, more sex, stoopid sex, sex stoopid........F**K OFF. Episode 2 can wait forever as far as I care.

TRU BLOOD SUCKS

My wife tried to get me to watch some of this show with her. Not something I could stomach. But it did leave some time for brewing...

I dont find Sookie HOT......is it me or her??????

Same chick from X men, umm.......not HOT........regardless, HOT CHICK does not make GOOD SHOW.

I'm sure you could find pictures of Sookie on Google Images. Or use the pause button. But she's not in every scene, so how would you continue watching the rest of the show? The only episode I watched entirely was one where she was at some party where they had to keep eating this tree fruit that made them forget how long they had been at the party... And then the drama. "Oh, grandfather (or whatever relation it was supposed to be), is that you? I haven't seen you since I was a little girl." "What? Sookie? That can't be you, you're just a little girl, you look so grown up. Try the stupid tree fruit." Awful. Like it was written by a teenager. I've seen clips from a few other shows, but that was the one that I sat through from beginning to end and I hated myself for caving and agreeing to watch.

I can't even imagine how people watch this show. Probably because I've never seen it.

Penny Dreadful seems interesting to my wife. After 2-3 episodes, I don't find it interesting. I watch it, but I can barely stay focused on it and I don't think about the characters or the show when I'm not watching it. I am still trying to figure out why so many people are recommending it.

I'm sure you could find pictures of Sookie on Google Images. Or use the pause button. But she's not in every scene, so how would you continue watching the rest of the show? The only episode I watched entirely was one where she was at some party where they had to keep eating this tree fruit that made them forget how long they had been at the party... And then the drama. "Oh, grandfather (or whatever relation it was supposed to be), is that you? I haven't seen you since I was a little girl." "What? Sookie? That can't be you, you're just a little girl, you look so grown up. Try the stupid tree fruit." Awful. Like it was written by a teenager. I've seen clips from a few other shows, but that was the one that I sat through from beginning to end and I hated myself for caving and agreeing to watch.

I watched an episode last year as it aired for the first time with a neighbor...it was SO bad.

The guy from LA Law...the hard ass good guy (with the BEST EVER single performance in HOT WET AMERICAN SUMMER) was some Vampire higher up, and you could see that he barely believed his part, (shame on him, because he CAN act) and stupid crap after pointles stupid crap, boobs, shirtless guys, stupid crap, etc.

I berated them for watching such crap, and the explanation was that the Early episodes were good.......

MYTH BUSTED.

The plot lines are fantastic. By "fantastic" I don't mean good, I mean they're fantasy. As a result, you have a show about vampires, and fairies, and shapeshifters, and -- in a particularly egregious sin in a post-Twilight world -- werewolves.

However, the show is well-written and well-acted, and does a good enough job of cliffhanger endings that you honestly want to tune in the next week to see what will happen.

It's one of those shows where if you watch several episodes, you'll get hooked. If you don't watch several episodes, you'll think it's ridiculous -- because the premise is ridiculous.

The plot lines are fantastic. By "fantastic" I don't mean good, I mean they're fantasy. As a result, you have a show about vampires, and fairies, and shapeshifters, and -- in a particularly egregious sin in a post-Twilight world -- werewolves.

However, the show is well-written and well-acted, and does a good enough job of cliffhanger endings that you honestly want to tune in the next week to see what will happen.

It's one of those shows where if you watch several episodes, you'll get hooked. If you don't watch several episodes, you'll think it's ridiculous -- because the premise is ridiculous.

Ugly americans and the Underworld movies mix mythical creatures in ways that I love.

The premise is OK. It is the implementation that is beyond retarded.

If vampires revealed themselves in this society today, 1/2 of everyone would lock themselves in a church, 1/16 of society would seek out vampires to be turned, and the rest would live their lives furtively looking at the sky and treating any stranger to an armed welcome.

The idea that "synthetic blood" would be invented and sold in convenience stores, and that everyone would just go on with their lives as if nothing happened is moronic.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Wow, so Sookie can't stop hearing people's thoughts in the bar, but has to grab her brother's face to start hearing his......all while making doe eyes at an EDWARD wannabe...(which is saying ALOT, since TWILIGHT is disgustingly awful).

Sex, Stoopid stuff,more sex, more stoopid, more sex, stoopid sex, sex stoopid........F**K OFF. Episode 2 can wait forever as far as I care.

TRU BLOOD SUCKS

You know - Bridget Jone's Diary is pretty good too! :D

Check out SUPERNATUAL. It's got all kind of monsters without taking itself too seriously. It's more fun, but has less sex and nudity.

If you want to watch all of the good stuff, and avoid crap, google tru blood sex scenes. I'm fairly positive some perv has uploaded them all for our convenience.

I watch with the wife. The first season isn't bad, but it gets much, much worse. So invested now that I am watching this final season. If a loved one suckers you into watching, just roll with it and look forward to this...

0603Jess1.jpg

I'll admit I liked the first season. Maybe even the second.

It's awful now. Too many weird being and too much gay sex for me.

I'm not homophobic in the least but come on!!

I only pretend to watch it to make the wife happy.

The things we do for love....

I might have tried to watch it but I'm so burnt out on vampires at this point I doubt I'll ever watch anything related again unless somebody adapts the Brian Lumley novels someday. Oh, and I'm through with zombies too.

Who would direct that? Tarantino? Ann Rice and Trent Reznor? I'd watch.

I dug it.... didn't like it at first but it grew on me a ton.
My friend who got me into the show, i would head over to her place and we'd snack on some breads, cheese and go through like 2-3 bottles of wine during the show, watch some it's always sunny, crash and get up for work the next morning.
it's a good thing we lived 1 apartment away from each other... hahaha.

I might have tried to watch it but I'm so burnt out on vampires at this point I doubt I'll ever watch anything related again unless somebody adapts the Brian Lumley novels someday. Oh, and I'm through with zombies too.

Same here. Zombies in particular it seems like there have been so many movies/tv shows/video games covering this genre that it has just been beaten to death. I loved a good zombie flick back when I was in high school/college, but these days I won't even watch anything that has anything to do with Zombies. It's just too played out.

they shall gather all the internets and present them to you, for they are now yours

I do have to say, True Blood is one of my guilty pleasure shows.

Pam is especially hilarious —"I'm sorry, did we f--- and I blocked it out?"

but if y'all want to catch the worst program in history to have been given more than one season, you should watch UNDER THE DOME

dead butterflies are falling from the trees

Genius Kid #1 - They're butterflies
Genius Kid #2 - They're dead

I'm fairly certain if there were another Genius in the group, their line would have been "they're falling!" while another could have said, "from the trees!"

Anyone watch Helmlock Grove on Netflix? It looks like modern supernatural creatures without the high ****** factor that killed Tru Blood.

but if y'all want to catch the worst program in history to have been given more than one season, you should watch UNDER THE DOME

dead butterflies are falling from the trees

Genius Kid #1 - They're butterflies
Genius Kid #2 - They're dead

I'm fairly certain if there were another Genius in the group, their line would have been "they're falling!" while another could have said, "from the trees!"

+1!!! Great book, read it. Horrible show. Can't believe they made a second season and apparently are making several more.

Back