Warminster MO Malt Test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadjobrinus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
1704388557742.png

-100% Warminster MO
-Mid-dextrinous mash
-single, clean hop - Challenger - bitterness only. No flavor or aroma hopping.
-BU:GU .78. My normal bitters are .82-.90. In general, everything toned down but for the malt.

Thoughts?

IMHO, the BU:GU could be reduced even more .6-.7

Are you looking for the Warminster taste in a Bitter or are you looking for the Warminster taste in a test beer?

Are you looking for the Warminster taste in a Bitter or are you looking for the Warminster taste in a test beer?
Really wanting to zero in on the Warminster itself, though I will likely not be using it for much else but English bitters. This, Fawcett MO and either Fawcett or Simpson's GP are (or will be) my go-to base malts for British beers, which is about 95% of what I'm interested in.

Good lord. My brain. I completely forgot I'd already started a thread on the subject a mere couple of weeks ago. Only noticed because it showed up on the "similar threads" at the bottom of the page. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back