Want to try something new

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aschecte

Brewtus Maximus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey I'm just looking for some direction.... I want to try something new to brew. Ilike all Belgians and DIPA'a and hoppy styles but I'm growing tired of them. Any suggestions ? something unique......

Baltic Porter (sort of part way between a robust porter and a russian imperial stout)
or for something more summery (pale) but unique I made a Thai wheat beer that was interesting and pretty good. It was a basic pale wheat beer with lemon grass, ginger, galangal root, coriandor seed, and a hint of thai hot pepper.

I am all for experimental beers. I am going to attempt a Kasteel Rouge style beer later this month. I made a bourbon beer that is coming into its own right now. Its amazing. I want that Thai recipe aphid, looks very interesting.

Breakfast Rauch Stout. Nice smokey stout to have in the morning with some eggs and bacon.

oh man... i think i might have just inspired myself!

Pick up Mosher's Radical Brewing and flip through that. If that doesn't give you some ideas, dunno what will. If you haven't read it, it's a fun read too.

I am all for experimental beers. ... I want that Thai recipe aphid, looks very interesting.

The inspiration came from here--> http://hopville.com/recipe/19263/spice-herb-or-vegetable-beer-recipes/thai-chilli-beer

The spice mixture - (mix in blender) 1oz coriander seed 1/2 oz galangal root 1/2 oz ginger root 1 oz lemongrass chilli (hot) to taste Method: As usual but add 1/3 the spice mixture at T-30,1/3 at T-15 and 1/3 T-2 and steep.

My redition is posted here --> http://hopville.com/recipe/164412/spice-herb-or-vegetable-beer-recipes/summer-sunburn#

I made a Kolsch a couple months ago and added about a cup of high-grade extra bergamot earl gray tea, steeped in a grain bag for 4 minutes at the end of the boil. Its a home run - very unique and a great, refreshing, summer session beer.

Back