Wanna know what really pisses me off???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireRescueFL

Reaction score
Having one too many homebrews on bottling / kegging day and fogetting to MIX the dextrose into the beer causing my bottled Double Chocolate Stout to not blow up, but just cause soda pop volume carbonation. The kegged stuff is great but some of the bottles taste like over-carbonated butthole. Worst part is, not all the bottles are over-carbed, just some so I can't even just open and recap all of bottles to bleed off the carbonation.

Oh well, stouts are supposed to be on nitro anyhow. I'm just gonna stick to Browns and Pale Ales.

---Chris

So I show up at my buddy's house and he's getting ready to bottle. He's got he racking cane in the fermenter and a carboy that he's using as a bottling bucket on the floor. He sees me show up and holding up all his sanitized gear he says "****, I must have left some sanitizing water in my bottling carboy, can you dump that out?"

just as we're about to bottle he says "Oh, I know what the liquid in the carboy was... I need to make a new priming sugar solution".

This happened to my Chocolate Bock. I used big blue swing top bottles.

I brewed on Black Friday (Day after turkey day) and I still go downstairs and release some pressure.

One bottle out of 5 is about right. I put that in the fridge and I will enjoy that this weekend. The other 4 bottles, as soon as I crack it, the foam shoots up to the top. I'm surprised they haven't exploded yet...

First bottling error :(

Latest posts

Back