Wall Thickness of a 10 Gal Rubbermaid drink cooler.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxbing

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2 Rubbermaid drink coolers on order and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the wall thickness where the spigot is. I was hoping to order all my bits and pieces at the same time.

Thanks
Scott

You shouldn't have to order anything. Everything you need to convert is at the local Home Depot. If you search in DYI there is a thread on a cooler conversion with a parts list. H.D. has a S/S 3/8ths ball valve where the compresser fittings are. That's what I used and it works great. Side note. If you are going to use S/S braid don't buy the one at H.D because it's plastic made to look like S/S

Everything you need to convert is at the local Home Depot. S/S

That was going to be Plan A but you never know where you are going to end up once you start down the path. :D

I just want the wall thickness so that i can plan accordingly.

Thanks

I dunno the thickness. But here are all the parts you will need to convert the coolers. I converted mine over 2 years ago, never a drip from them. Happy converting.

Ball valve bulkhead fittings for $15 from Lowes!!
(1) A-836 1/2"MIP x 1 1/2" Brass pipe nipple
(1) 1/2" x 1/2" FPT x Barb female adapter
(2) 3/4" SS flat washer
(2) 1 1/8" OD x 5/8" ID Rubber grommets (for inner and outer seal)
(1) 1/2" x 1/2" MPT x barb Male adapter
(1) 1/2" threaded ball valve
(1) Teflon Tape (for all threads)

Thanks Pol,

Did you have to drill the cooler to use the 1/2 inch fittings most posts use the 3/8

Thanks

**Never mind I found the answer in another thread, It will fit but I will not be able to use the factory seal.****

thanks

Exactly... 1/2" stuff fits fine, and flows faster.

Latest posts

Back