Visiting Russian River this wk-end

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try the right hand side of the menu, in particular the sours.

If you are not into that, try all of their IPAs, they have several.

Consecration. Get the sampler platter, that's the way to go.

Personally, I prefer to have a nice full glass. The sampler is interesting but they all end up getting warm and tasting the same.

Try some of the sours (or at least one). Consecration is great, Supplication is awesome,.....

as previously stated, anything that ends in -tion. their IPAs are good for a while, and then they just kinda lose their magic if you know what I mean. we can get 3 day old pliny here in SF but I hardly ever take the opportunity, there's just a hell of a lot more to beer than big IIPAs.

FWIW, lagunitas, iron springs, marin brewing co, moylans and either Lost coast or left coast are all pretty much on the way to RR from san francisco.

3rd street ale works is just a couple blocks away from RR. I thought their beers were pretty decent.

Agreed, really solid brewpub. If they weren't so close to Russian River, they would probably be better known among craft beer geeks. That said, it has always been packed when I go in (as is Russian River) so they aren't hurting for business.

Russian River is awesome enough to travel to, but while you are there definitely try out 3rd St.

Only had time for RR Brewing, really enjoyed the place. It was pretty darn busy at 2pm on a Saturday but managed to find a seat, have a pizza and a few pints. Made it back to SFO just in time, I got to the gate and they were calling First class (got upgraded :mug: :D )

I managed to check in a 6'ers of Pliny in my suitcase, they made it home safe! Chilling in the fridge right now. This is probably one of the very few appearances of Pliny in SC. :D

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

M_C

Back