Vintage climax bottle capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosster01

Reaction score
Bought this on ebay for 10 bucks with 7 for shipping.
Just tested it out and it's working great! Seems to get a better seal than my wing capper.

I thought it wasn't working in the beginning but you just have to push a little harder. I mounted it to a small board for stability. Sorry for the upside down photo.

Just posting this in case someone is considering purchasing and googles it.

image.jpg

Bought this on ebay for 10 bucks with 7 for shipping.
Just tested it out and it's working great! Seems to get a better seal than my wing capper.

I thought it wasn't working in the beginning but you just have to push a little harder. I mounted it to a small board for stability. Sorry for the upside down photo.

Just posting this in case someone is considering purchasing and googles it.

upsidedowncapper.jpg

Seems like you'd spill a lot of beer before you got the cap pressed on. ;)

You beat me to it. :)

Seems like you'd spill a lot of beer before you got the cap pressed on. ;)

I'll be bottling tomorrow so time will tell.

I did do a "dry" run with full bottles of water. I didn't have any issue with spillage.

Lol I was gonna make the same joke.

Let me break it down for you, he is joking with you because your picture posted upside down. so in theory from our "view" you would have to tip the bottle upside down to put the cap on. Hence why you would have a spill problem because it would all fall out if you turned it upside down. :ban:

Back on topic, that's pretty cool seems like it would go faster than the red handle capper.

Had the tab open for several minutes before I read and responded. I figured someone would have beat me by then, but it was worth a shot. Got it!

Every time I see your avatar I see "I think before I brew." Then I make the same stupid joke to myself, "my beer would be a lot better if I did that." Then I realize I misread the quote in the first place. Every time.

Had the tab open for several minutes before I read and responded. I figured someone would have beat me by then, but it was worth a shot. Got it!

Every time I see your avatar I see "I think before I brew." Then I make the same stupid joke to myself, "my beer would be a lot better if I did that." Then I realize I misread the quote in the first place. Every time.

This is only slightly off topic but....I've been to Wuhan. One of the defining experiences of my life.

Our university here has a relationship with South Central University for Nationalities.

BTW: Good morning! ;)

This is only slightly off topic but....I've been to Wuhan. One of the defining experiences of my life.

Our university here has a relationship with South Central University for Nationalities.

BTW: Good morning! ;)

And a good evening to you, sir!

I used to bike by that campus all the time back before I got a wife and discovered that single-user transportation is frowned upon by spouses. Now our apartment lease is three months from expiring and if we don't re-up we will probably be moving to a place about a kilometer south of their campus.

If it's not too generic a question, what did you like/dislike/were you intrigued by about coming to Wuhan?

And a good evening to you, sir!

I used to bike by that campus all the time back before I got a wife and discovered that single-user transportation is frowned upon by spouses. Now our apartment lease is three months from expiring and if we don't re-up we will probably be moving to a place about a kilometer south of their campus.

If it's not too generic a question, what did you like/dislike/were you intrigued by about coming to Wuhan?

Well, we've probably taken this thread far enough off topic, but I'm not sure where it was headed anyway. :)

I wouldn't say it was Wuhan so much, per se, but the opportunity to be inserted into Chinese culture fairly deeply, though it was less than a week. Every culture--every one--makes sense. The key to understanding a culture is simply that: Find out why it makes sense. Chinese culture is so very different than American culture and yet....it makes sense.

I've since served as a host for Chinese faculty that visited us here. I knew more about culture and such than others, so I was a logical choice. Still screwed up my understanding of that culture, but I suppose that's part of the charm. It's not my culture. :)

I have the same model, bought on eBay a while back for about the same price. Works great! I had many problems with my old wing cappers. No issues so far with it. I have it bolted to the top of my bottling table.

First bottle day went great! Seemed to seal good. It left some black stuff on the caps from the rubber grommet that is inside the capper, but that was easily wiped off.

No issues with denting the cap like I had read in other threads.

Overall I'm very pleased with the purchase and I definitely recommend it.

First bottle day went great! Seemed to seal good. It left some black stuff on the caps from the rubber grommet that is inside the capper, but that was easily wiped off.

No issues with denting the cap like I had read in other threads.

Overall I'm very pleased with the purchase and I definitely recommend it.

Glad to hear as I am considering one...apparently similar to the one my boyfriend's father had had when he was growing up and now that we are brewing he wished he had it. Price range seems to vary greatly.

Back