Vienna smash?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
So I wanna do a Vienna smash with centennial hops and Conan as my yeast came up with the recipe any one have some input if maybe it's to much I'm a hop head so the hops part I'm not worried about as much as the Vienna malt. Was going to go 12lb Vienna 8oz of centennial and a lb of corn sugar to dry her out, brew toad says 72 ibu's 1.052 og 1.008 fg 5.8%abv

Grain:
Vienna 12lbs

Hop schedule:
1.5oz 60 min
1.5oz 10 min
1.5oz 5 min
1.5oz 0min whirlpool/hopstand
2oz dry hop 5 days

Any suggestions or guidance hops might be heavy for a smash any info is good info thanks fellow brewers

I have not done a Smash yet. Looks good as it is. I wouldn't dry it out any with sugars. This should give you a better understanding of the grain and even Centennial. What will you be mashing at?

150 single infusion and i just did it in beer smith if i do do dextrose it will be dropped to 1/4 lb cause a lb took it to 7% lol should of just not been lazy and did it on beer smith from the start haha. will keep the thread updated this is the brew i am getting in exchange for notching my buddies tubing for his brew stand

Back