Victory V-12?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoebisch01

Reaction score
Has anyone had this yet? I am thinking of doing a group buy with some co-workers (and fellow local HB'ers) but I want to hear impressions.

-thanks!

If I am not mistaken there have been a few different batches of it and I hear that the current selection is better than when I last had it....which was wicked harsh. Personally, I would be pushing for Trois Pistoles.

FWIW, I can get v12 singles around here.

Victory makes some fine beers. Their pils is the best domestically made German style pilsener I have ever had (and I have had loads & loads of German pilseners).

EdWort said:
Victory makes some fine beers. Their pils is the best domestically made German style pilsener I have ever had (and I have had loads & loads of German pilseners).

I agree they know how to make Pilsners. It seems PA brewers in general are good with the style. Troegs, Stoudts, and SlyFox also make good pils. I guess its the German roots in PA...

Soulive said:
I agree they know how to make Pilsners. It seems PA brewers in general are good with the style. Troegs, Stoudts, and SlyFox also make good pils. I guess its the German roots in PA...

Don't forget Penn Pils! :)

Thanks for the input folks, I'll let you know if we get some V-12 (although I'd imagine it needs a veeery long cellaring period to smooth out that 12%).

Seriously, you guys should consider a short road trip and stock up on various brews rather than blowing the majority of your commercial beer budget on a single case of something....make a day of it, swing by Victory for lunch and brews at the source or something. Course if the case law passes, road trip not necessary.

..you all had me with the Pennsylvania pilsners 'till someone brought up sunshine pils, not a fan.

Update....

So we did a 4 way case buy, which works out to around $6.50 per bottle. Not bad imho. This is a good beer, not my favorite thing in the world but the thing that is amazing is how smooth it is for a 12% beer. It is balanced, rather clean tasting. A little less extreme in flavor than I imagined it would be. I would have liked to cellar it, but the other two went as gifts. I'm not sure I'd buy it again though, as it was good but not exceptional imho. One of the guys in the buy loved it though, so I suppose it's all a matter of taste :D.

Am I reading/understanding correctly that if you buy beer in PA right now you have to buy it by the case?????? If thats the case (no pun intended) that sucks big time!!!

Ooompa Loompa said:
Am I reading/understanding correctly that if you buy beer in PA right now you have to buy it by the case?????? If thats the case (no pun intended) that sucks big time!!!

nope...

If you go to a "beer distributor" = case only
bar/take-out/bottle shop = 6 packs, singles...max (2) 6 packs per adult, per purchase

The new law would allow distributors to break cases and bar/take-out/bottle shops to sell (3) 6 pack quantities.

The thing that makes this a big deal is that many bar/take-out/bottle shops outside of the metropolitan areas don't stock anything much outside of BMC and the usual suspects. However, many distributors carry a better selection but...for example, how many people want to purchase an entire case of say, DFH Black & Blue?

Back