Very noisy old kegerator, what is this noise??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdudek

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old kegerator I bought for a song on craigslist. I've not had it very long, but it's been rather noisy. It was also cooling very poorly, so I recharged it with coolant via a piercing valve today. The cooling performance is now excellent again, however the noise seems to have gotten even worst. it's a weird wind howling and gurgling noise that goes on whenever the compressor turns on. Uploading a quick video for your listening pleasure. Would love any insight on what is causing this and if there's anyway to fix

What is the make/model of that unit?

I imagine the OP ran the system prior to recharging it and would have noted that noise beforehand (how could one not?!?)
Thus I expect it's actually the evaporator making all that noise, now that the system has been recharged.
Don't know if there's anything anyone could do about it, but being able to Google that beyotch might be helpful...

Cheers!

Back