Vendor or classifieds thread crapping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatdyisit

Reaction score
After looking at the vendor showcase forum and seeing this:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/what-deal-check-out-our-new-diy-malt-mill-373777/

I realize that even though most home brewers are generally very helpful at sharing information and not "bashing noobs" they crap on other people's threads a lot. I visit a lot of message boards with me carious hobbies and this usually isn't the case. Why crap on somebody else's thread? Especially when it is a vendor who pays to keep the board open.

If somebody wants to buy something, let them buy it. They are obviously here to research the hobby so they will determine what is best for them at that time.

Sorry for the rant, this has been bugging me. Anybody else notice this?

That appears to be a case of some e-peen stroking. I'll come and comment on your thread for no other reason than to remark about how much more awesomer my gear is....

Hurricane Sandy was too wussy a storm as well... (not going to bother finding the link).

Hammy is right, that behavior is relegated to certain folks rather than the forum as a whole.

I get something like in the classifieds like "_____ has them for $10 less". That can actually help a seller. I just can't get over pissing on a vendor's advertisement they pay for. I agree Hammy, I've only been reading the board for a short while and I'm starting to expect stuff like that from that particular member.

A member posted on a vendor's thread basically saying "The item you're selling here is crap because the one I bought from ________ is better".

A member posted on a vendor's thread basically saying "The item you're selling here is crap because the one I bought from ________ is better".

Huh...I didn't see that. When I look at the thread, there are only two posts, and both are from the vendor.

If i was a betting man i would say the deleted poster has size issues. He was bragging how much bigger his "equipment" was.

Someone was literally bragging that their shaft was bigger.

:eek::eek::eek::rockin::rockin::rockin::D:D:D

(sorry, excessive emoticon usage rant included)

Back